New SpywareBlaster Version

Version 3.4 is now available and necessary to install the latest defs.
First you have to Disable All Protection on the 3.3 version.
Then close it out.
Use Add-Remove to uninstall it.
DL an install the 3.4 version.
Check for the latest update.
Enable the protection you want.
Quick, easy and worth it.
11 answers Last reply
More about spywareblaster version

    Other sources state that one may simply overinstall v3.4, Buffalo.
    --
    ~Robear Dyer (PA Bear)
    MS MVP-Windows (IE/OE) & Security

    Buffalo wrote:
    > Version 3.4 is now available and necessary to install the latest defs.
    > First you have to Disable All Protection on the 3.3 version.
    > Then close it out.
    > Use Add-Remove to uninstall it.
    > DL an install the 3.4 version.
    > Check for the latest update.
    > Enable the protection you want.
    > Quick, easy and worth it.

    You would hope so, as I figure there are a LOT of people out there who would
    not uninstall the old one first. Maybe (probably) the new version
    uninstalls the old (if necessary) anyway.

    PA Bear wrote:
    > Other sources state that one may simply overinstall v3.4, Buffalo.
    > --
    > ~Robear Dyer (PA Bear)
    > MS MVP-Windows (IE/OE) & Security
    >
    > Buffalo wrote:
    >> Version 3.4 is now available and necessary to install the latest defs.
    >> First you have to Disable All Protection on the 3.3 version.
    >> Then close it out.
    >> Use Add-Remove to uninstall it.
    >> DL an install the 3.4 version.
    >> Check for the latest update.
    >> Enable the protection you want.
    >> Quick, easy and worth it.

    The recommendation to remove the prior version is stated on their site.

    --

    Brian A. Sesko
    { MS MVP_Shell/User }

    > Other sources state that one may simply overinstall v3.4, Buffalo.
    > --
    > ~Robear Dyer (PA Bear)
    > MS MVP-Windows (IE/OE) & Security

    I know.

    I overinstalled w/out problem.

    Brian A. wrote:
    > The recommendation to remove the prior version is stated on their site.

    > > Other sources state that one may simply overinstall v3.4, Buffalo.
    > > --
    > > ~Robear Dyer (PA Bear)
    > > MS MVP-Windows (IE/OE) & Security

    Nough said for me to give it a go. No problem either.

    --

    > I know.
    >
    > I overinstalled w/out problem.

    Happy to here it worked. I just followed the instructions on their site.
    (I used to tell my apprentices "when in doubt, read the directions".
    Damn, it took me almost two minutes to "disable all protection", uninstall the
    old version and install the new.
    I know, I'm getting older and slower.
    Anyways, it's a great program and I'm happy to hear so many use it.
    Buffalo :-)

    > Other sources state that one may simply overinstall v3.4, Buffalo.

    Worked for me!

    > > I know.
    > >
    > > I overinstalled w/out problem.
    >
    > Happy to here it worked. I just followed the instructions on their site.
    > (I used to tell my apprentices "when in doubt, read the directions".
    > Damn, it took me almost two minutes to "disable all protection", uninstall
    the
    > old version and install the new.
    > I know, I'm getting older and slower.
    > Anyways, it's a great program and I'm happy to hear so many use it.
    > Buffalo :-)

    I may have missed the start of this thread, so could someone post this
    download info please?
    Regards,
    D.

    Actually, it wasn't posted anywhere in this thread yet.

    SpywareBlaster Update Available
    http://www.javacoolsoftware.com/sbupdate.html
    --

    > Actually, it wasn't posted anywhere in this thread yet.
    >
    > SpywareBlaster Update Available
    > http://www.javacoolsoftware.com/sbupdate.html
    > --
    > ~Robear Dyer (PA Bear)
    > MS MVP-Windows (IE/OE) & Security

    Thank you PAB.
    D.

    Dave D wrote:
    > > Dave D wrote:
    > > > I may have missed the start of this thread, so could someone post this
    > > > download info please?
    >
    > > Actually, it wasn't posted anywhere in this thread yet.
    > >
    > > SpywareBlaster Update Available
    > > http://www.javacoolsoftware.com/sbupdate.html
    > > --
    > Thank you PAB.