  • Microsoft
  • Windows
Last response: in Windows 95/98/ME
May 15, 2005 12:17:44 AM

Version 3.4 is now available and necessary to install the latest defs.
First you have to Disable All Protection on the 3.3 version.
Then close it out.
Use Add-Remove to uninstall it.
DL an install the 3.4 version.
Check for the latest update.
Enable the protection you want.
Quick, easy and worth it.

More about : spywareblaster version

Anonymous
May 15, 2005 7:15:55 PM

Other sources state that one may simply overinstall v3.4, Buffalo.
--
~Robear Dyer (PA Bear)
MS MVP-Windows (IE/OE) & Security

Buffalo wrote:
> Version 3.4 is now available and necessary to install the latest defs.
> First you have to Disable All Protection on the 3.3 version.
> Then close it out.
> Use Add-Remove to uninstall it.
> DL an install the 3.4 version.
> Check for the latest update.
> Enable the protection you want.
> Quick, easy and worth it.
Anonymous
May 15, 2005 7:15:56 PM

You would hope so, as I figure there are a LOT of people out there who would
not uninstall the old one first. Maybe (probably) the new version
uninstalls the old (if necessary) anyway.

PA Bear wrote:
> Other sources state that one may simply overinstall v3.4, Buffalo.
> --
> ~Robear Dyer (PA Bear)
> MS MVP-Windows (IE/OE) & Security
>
> Buffalo wrote:
>> Version 3.4 is now available and necessary to install the latest defs.
>> First you have to Disable All Protection on the 3.3 version.
>> Then close it out.
>> Use Add-Remove to uninstall it.
>> DL an install the 3.4 version.
>> Check for the latest update.
>> Enable the protection you want.
>> Quick, easy and worth it.
May 15, 2005 8:18:45 PM

The recommendation to remove the prior version is stated on their site.

--

Brian A. Sesko
{ MS MVP_Shell/User }

> Other sources state that one may simply overinstall v3.4, Buffalo.
> --
> ~Robear Dyer (PA Bear)
> MS MVP-Windows (IE/OE) & Security
Anonymous
May 15, 2005 10:16:16 PM

I know.

I overinstalled w/out problem.

Brian A. wrote:
> The recommendation to remove the prior version is stated on their site.

> > Other sources state that one may simply overinstall v3.4, Buffalo.
> > --
> > ~Robear Dyer (PA Bear)
> > MS MVP-Windows (IE/OE) & Security
Anonymous
May 15, 2005 11:10:27 PM

news:o MLT3uZWFHA.584@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl...
> I know.
>
> I overinstalled w/out problem.

Happy to here it worked. I just followed the instructions on their site.
(I used to tell my apprentices "when in doubt, read the directions".
Damn, it took me almost two minutes to "disable all protection", uninstall the
old version and install the new.
I know, I'm getting older and slower.
Anyways, it's a great program and I'm happy to hear so many use it.
Buffalo :-)
May 16, 2005 12:32:38 AM

> Other sources state that one may simply overinstall v3.4, Buffalo.

Worked for me!
Anonymous
May 16, 2005 10:08:26 PM

> news:o MLT3uZWFHA.584@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl...
> > I know.
> >
> > I overinstalled w/out problem.
>
> Happy to here it worked. I just followed the instructions on their site.
> (I used to tell my apprentices "when in doubt, read the directions".
> Damn, it took me almost two minutes to "disable all protection", uninstall
the
> old version and install the new.
> I know, I'm getting older and slower.
> Anyways, it's a great program and I'm happy to hear so many use it.
> Buffalo :-)

I may have missed the start of this thread, so could someone post this
download info please?
Regards,
D.
Anonymous
May 16, 2005 10:08:27 PM

Actually, it wasn't posted anywhere in this thread yet.

SpywareBlaster Update Available
http://www.javacoolsoftware.com/sbupdate.html
--

Dave D wrote:
> I may have missed the start of this thread, so could someone post this
> download info please?
> Regards,
> D.
Anonymous
May 17, 2005 4:16:38 AM

> Actually, it wasn't posted anywhere in this thread yet.
>
> SpywareBlaster Update Available
> http://www.javacoolsoftware.com/sbupdate.html
> --
> ~Robear Dyer (PA Bear)
> MS MVP-Windows (IE/OE) & Security

Thank you PAB.
D.
Anonymous
May 17, 2005 4:16:39 AM

Dave D wrote:
> > Dave D wrote:
> > > I may have missed the start of this thread, so could someone post this
> > > download info please?
>
> > Actually, it wasn't posted anywhere in this thread yet.
> >
> > SpywareBlaster Update Available
> > http://www.javacoolsoftware.com/sbupdate.html
> > --
> Thank you PAB.