L1 cache Data Cache 16KB, Execution Trace Cache 12K Micro-ops
L2 cache Advanced Transfer Cache 1024 KB
Form factor Socket 478
Stepping 3

Video : x800xt pe ATI AGP

Mem : 1g

mainboard: D875pbz

Sound : Sound blaster x-fi

and i want to upgrade ! mostly my mainboard and processor ( amd or inter whatever give me more speed , not so pricy tho ) , so what should i do ? cuz most mainboards dont have agp now, i can buy a new pci xpress too if u need .

I edit videos, play lots of games ( on high settings ) , and work on webpages so what can u guys recommend me please ? i really dont know anything about what processor or mainboards so please i really need your help .

BTW: when playing Worlf of warcraft : the intel active monitor start beeping cuz im reaching 71g - 73 celcius temp ! but as soon i return to the desktop , the temp drops to 60 deg celcius or less

.. help !

Ps: sorry for my grammar, not my native language :D

Thanks in advance

Fab

You can build your new PC around the ASRock 939Dual-SATA2.

$72 shipped

It has both AGP and PCI-e slots and should be compatible with most AGPs cards. Click on the manufacturer's link, Asrock (Asus) may have a list of what cards are compatible. This motherboard allows you to switch to an Athlon 64 socket 939 and keep your current card. When you save up money for a faster PCI-e card you can just drop it in the motherboard.

You can us both AGP and PCI-e cards together; not for games though. Connect one monitor to use for web surfing, while the other is used for gaming, doing work, have another web browser, etc.

I think you are using DDR400 RAM so you can just drop that in as well.

All you need to do is decide on a CPU. The Athlon 64 X2 3800+ (dual core) is only $297 at newegg.com. Or go with a single core Athlon 64 if you can't spend that much.

Caboose-1

Distinguished
Mar 5, 2006
You can build your new PC around the ASRock 939Dual-SATA2.

$72 shipped

It has both AGP and PCI-e slots and should be compatible with most AGPs cards. Click on the manufacturer's link, Asrock (Asus) may have a list of what cards are compatible. This motherboard allows you to switch to an Athlon 64 socket 939 and keep your current card. When you save up money for a faster PCI-e card you can just drop it in the motherboard.

You can us both AGP and PCI-e cards together; not for games though. Connect one monitor to use for web surfing, while the other is used for gaming, doing work, have another web browser, etc.

I think you are using DDR400 RAM so you can just drop that in as well.

All you need to do is decide on a CPU. The Athlon 64 X2 3800+ (dual core) is only $297 at newegg.com. Or go with a single core Athlon 64 if you can't spend that much.
Bingo. That is a great processor, will handle your games at highest settings, and its dual core so you are somewhat future proofed.

Scarchunk

Distinguished
Mar 9, 2006
What are you hoping to gain from the upgrade? Unfortunately you're in the same place my roommate is at the moment. You'll pretty much need to start from scratch with a new build as opposed to upgrading your current setup. You'll want to get a PCI-Express graphics card, DDR2 ram(for Intel and soon AMD), possibly a new PSU for the new graphics card, and along with CPU and MB your talking a whole new rig. You might be able to use your hard drive, but you might as well grab a SATA while you're upgrading. If you can wait for Intel's new core cpu's and AMD's AM2 you would be better prepared to make a decision.

Edit: above posts MUCH better solution. Didn't even think of AGP/PCI-x board.

steckman

Distinguished
Apr 21, 2006
If your computer is really complaining about the temperature inside of the case, I would address that first. If you start throwing new components in an overheated case, that may just make matters worse. If your current case has space for an additional fan, you may want to get another one, or possibly even a slot fan. Or maybe you just need better airflow around the case. If your current case doesn't allow you to solve your heat issue, then maybe you should have a new case on your upgrade list.