Invalid Page Fault

I'm using Office 97.

In the last few days I've been getting the Error Message on BOTH MSWord and
on Excel.
The message is:
"EXCEL caused an invalid page fault in
module OLEAUT32.DLL at 0167:653aac21."

I've posted the problem in the MSOffice (Word and Excel) newsgroups but
haven't gotten any help.

I've uninstalled and reinstalled MSOffice and still get the Error.

Does ANYBODY have any ideas on what I can do to solve the problem?

TIA
Doug

What have you done to your system in the last few days? Specifically, have
you downloaded any new software or updates, or made any changes on your
system?

Doug Mc wrote:
> I'm using Office 97.
>
> In the last few days I've been getting the Error Message on BOTH MSWord
> and on Excel.
> The message is:
> "EXCEL caused an invalid page fault in
> module OLEAUT32.DLL at 0167:653aac21."
>
> I've posted the problem in the MSOffice (Word and Excel) newsgroups but
> haven't gotten any help.
>
> I've uninstalled and reinstalled MSOffice and still get the Error.
>
> Does ANYBODY have any ideas on what I can do to solve the problem?
>
> TIA
> Doug

First try (re)installing 5.6 Scripting Engine
http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/downloads/list/webdev.asp
--
~Robear Dyer (PA Bear)
MS MVP-Windows (IE/OE) & Security

Doug Mc wrote:
> I'm using Office 97.
>
> In the last few days I've been getting the Error Message on BOTH MSWord
> and on Excel.
> The message is:
> "EXCEL caused an invalid page fault in
> module OLEAUT32.DLL at 0167:653aac21."
>
> I've posted the problem in the MSOffice (Word and Excel) newsgroups but
> haven't gotten any help.
>
> I've uninstalled and reinstalled MSOffice and still get the Error.
>
> Does ANYBODY have any ideas on what I can do to solve the problem?
>
> TIA
> Doug

Did you miss the "first" part?

PCR wrote:
> Normally, I'd leave it Bear, but I was really here first, even before
> Colorado...

No. He could go do that first, or even go tell Colorado what he wanted
to know. (At this point, I'm just hoping I don't have to go read those
articles again myself.)

--
Thanks or Good Luck,
There may be humor in this post, and,
| Did you miss the "first" part?
|
| PCR wrote:
| > Normally, I'd leave it Bear, but I was really here first, even
before
| > Colorado...

I prefer not putting Descartes before the horse.

PCR wrote:
> No. He could go do that first, or even go tell Colorado what he wanted
> to know. (At this point, I'm just hoping I don't have to go read those
> articles again myself.)
>

> > Did you miss the "first" part?
> >
> > PCR wrote:
> > > Normally, I'd leave it Bear, but I was really here first, even before
> > > Colorado...

Under these normal circumstances, I must agree, but yesterday my horse
was walking backwards!

--
| I prefer not putting Descartes before the horse.
|
| PCR wrote:
| > No. He could go do that first, or even go tell Colorado what he
wanted
| > to know. (At this point, I'm just hoping I don't have to go read
those
| > articles again myself.)
| >

| > > Did you miss the "first" part?

Sorry to be so late responding. I've been out of town.
OK, then what?

Doug

> First try (re)installing 5.6 Scripting Engine

http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/downloads/list/webdev.asp
> --
> ~Robear Dyer (PA Bear)
> MS MVP-Windows (IE/OE) & Security
>
> Doug Mc wrote:
> > I'm using Office 97.
> >
> > In the last few days I've been getting the Error Message on BOTH MSWord
> > and on Excel.
> > The message is:
> > "EXCEL caused an invalid page fault in
> > module OLEAUT32.DLL at 0167:653aac21."
> >
> > I've posted the problem in the MSOffice (Word and Excel) newsgroups but
> > haven't gotten any help.
> >
> > I've uninstalled and reinstalled MSOffice and still get the Error.
> >
> > Does ANYBODY have any ideas on what I can do to solve the problem?
> >
> > TIA
> > Doug

Sorry to be so late responding. I've been out of town.
Have not installed any new ones that I can remember.