Video Artifacts in 7900GT - EVGA.

Worms4u

Distinguished
Apr 12, 2006
Shamelessly crossposted from the Hardware forum, since I may get more answers here:

Ok, quick synopsys. Just built a PC at home, no problem, done it many times. I load WoW and DDO for something to do. WoW runs fine no issues at all. DDO has run fine for the past 4 days but today it has started getting artifacts in the display and suddenly cuts off the video signal to the monitor (DVI connection).

I am currently running NVidia's reference drivers; Detonator 84.21. I have DX9.0c.

I downloaded detonator v81.98 to see if it could be a driver issue conflicting with DDO.

I am running XP Home, fully updated/patched.

Any idea's of the problem? It's not heat, I've got 6 fans in the case, it sounds like an F117 taking off (I need to work on the db :p) I Also stuck a heat sensor into the heatsink on the video card and left it run under high load for an hour and checked the temp, it never went above 34C.

Soo.. Drivers? Any other possibilities? I write this on the PC with the 'problem' and have thus far had no problems.

Odd, Eh?

Worms4u

bweir

Distinguished
Feb 22, 2006
Try reseating the heatsink/fan combo on the GPU. If you have thermal paste, use it. Artifacts are almost always a result of heat, and less commonly, driver problems. That temp seems low, especially under load, which could indicate a bad HSF connection. Otherwise, I'm stumped.