boot problem

Suddenly, Windows will not load on my windows 98 machine. Nor will it boot
from the floppy boot disk, nor from the Windows98 cd. The message is a
"failure to load Atapi cdrom." I cannot boot in safe mode, and safe mode
step by step confirmation also fails, though I have not tried all
combinations of accepting or rejecting each driver or other system file.
When I run scan disk from the DOS prompt, it finds multiple file errors in
the Windows\fonts directory.

Suggestions?

DM

Go into the BIOS setup and make sure the boot sequence is set properly.
Be sure to save any changes when exiting. If this doesn't help, try
creating a new boot floppy.

http://www.bootdisk.com/bootdisk.htm

Ben