$20000 for a gaming rig. pls help

mjdranzer

Distinguished
Apr 4, 2006
hey guyz. saved up $20000 and I wanna spend them on a pc. pls tell mewhat to buy for the best configuration. I'm gonna use it mainly for hardcore gaming.
10q

bourgeoisdude

Distinguished
Dec 15, 2005
hey guyz. saved up $20000 and I wanna spend them on a pc. pls tell mewhat to buy for the best configuration. I'm gonna use it mainly for hardcore gaming.
10q

It appears you live in the EU--dollars aren't much good there until you exchange them for Euros. Better yet, fly over to the states, then maybe...oh, nevermind :roll:

DrBlofeld

Distinguished
Apr 23, 2006
10q

Why did you save $20,000 for a computer?

mesarectifier

Distinguished
Mar 26, 2006
If you're intelligent or old enough to have saved up $20000 you're intelligent or sensible enough not to spend it on a computer. Noone who would even consider spending that much on a computer would have to ask here what to buy. Stop wasting forum space and people's time.

moparman390

Distinguished
Feb 21, 2006
First of all, did you mean $2,000?

If you ment $20,000, that's nuts for a PC, build a real nice PC for $2,000-$3,000 and use the rest on a car or something.

Second of all, you need to do some work for yourself here, we can help you decide what's best but you need to come up with some kind of configuration yourself for us to have a starting point then we can help.

Third, tell us what it is going to be primairly used for, not just gaming but what games, weather or not you need all kinds of special audio ports, a moniter, speakers, things like that.

Post your configuration and we will help you, but no one wants to sit down and do all the work for someone else.

ProdigyMS

Distinguished
Dec 21, 2005
I hope you didn't mean $20,000. It would be pointless, once you spend around $5,000+ it's going to be out of date. New and faster video cards are released every few months now it seems. You don't need to spend $20,000 to do hardcore gaming. I do hardcore gaming on a $1500 rig that I built about 6 months ago and it still runs everything on max.

chuckshissle

Splendid
Feb 2, 2006
Is your dad Bill Gates? Wow! That's a lot of money for a gaming rig and plenty enough for your savings. What, you got a piggy bank the size of a Volkswagen Bettle!? Even a bank robber or 7/11 stick up cant get that much money!

Okay how about you give me the money and I'll make you one sick gaming rig. It's gonna have an FX-60, 2x7900GTX 512Mb, 2x1Gb DDR600, 2x150Gb WD Raptor, 500Gb Caviar HD, DVD/CD-/+RW, High-speed DVD/CD-Rom, Promethia Extreme Cooling system for cpu and GPU's, physics card, sound card,floppy drive,24" wide screen monitor, 5.1 sorround speakers, mic, headset, gaming keyboard and mouse. I'll do this and in return I will built a decent gaming rig for myself with some of the money. What do you think? Do we got a deal? :wink:

If you want to get the best gaming rig then just to go Falcon Northwest Computer website and tell them to build you a $6000 gaming rig. That should be enough to play the most demanding games today at ultra high resolution like 1600x1200 at the highest settings and still get over 60fps easy. The $20000 gaming rig is just overkill, unless if you want your rig to be plated with 24 karat gold and platinum.

10q
Im with the other guys its too much to spend on a PC but for that much here is an items i would suggest.

8Giga solid state drive

ts1000.jpg

chuckshissle

Splendid
Feb 2, 2006
Man your mad,get a life

Why, can't you handle a little joke there buddy, clearly it is. Or did it mean somethings else for you, I'm sorry if I offend you or you're just being too serious. Really, you're the one who need to get a life, a good one, like mine. :D

Oh! Snap!!

Morph

Distinguished
Apr 22, 2004

WOW! What a fossil! This was actually my very first computer. I got it from some close-out-mail-order palce for $24.99 and had a blast with it. There was even a "RAM Pack" that plugged into the back that extended the RAM from 2kb to a staggering 16kb!

gudodayn

Distinguished
Feb 15, 2006
I recommend you spent $20,000 on 10 PCs and start up a mini internet cafe in your local area!!!
You get paid and you have your gaming machines......10 of them!!!

Vascular

Distinguished
Jan 1, 2006
You have to be joking 20k for a computer is way too much but if you are
actually for real here's what you do.

-First set aside 2k and go get layed.

-Second set aside another 3-4k and go on a vacation and see the sun you hermit bastard.

-Third if you actually saved 20k just for a computer slap you self.

-Forth slap your self again just for good measure.

-Fifth just go call Falcon North West or Voodoo(aka the new dell) and tell them your budget and what you want.

-Sixth go get layed again because you should still have some money. :D

sincraft

Distinguished
Apr 18, 2006
If you're intelligent or old enough to have saved up $20000 you're intelligent or sensible enough not to spend it on a computer. Noone who would even consider spending that much on a computer would have to ask here what to buy. Stop wasting forum space and people's time.

Now this guy knows what he is talking about lol...

IN ALL SERIOUSNESS?!?!? If you had that kinda cash, I would seriously look into a kick butt system and some Virtual Reality Gear, possibly even custom made. Then you might actually need some more cashola.

VR just isn't where I thought it would be by now...lame...

S