Automatic Updates on

in the control panel I configured windows update to come on automatical but
id will not come on for Updates
2 answers Last reply
More about automatic updates

    Are you sure, it can be quite transparent. Unless you have it set to warn
    you, it won't and it will go on behind the scenes.

    --
    Michael Solomon MS-MVP
    Windows Shell/User

    "Thomas,Tom" <Thomas,Tom@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > in the control panel I configured windows update to come on automatical
    > but
    > id will not come on for Updates

    Description of the Automatic Updates feature in Windows
    http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-US;294871

    How to schedule automatic updates in Windows XP, Windows 2000, or Windows
    Server 2003
    http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;327838

    How to configure and use Automatic Updates in Windows XP
    http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-US;306525

    How To Configure Automatic Updates to Prompt You Before You Download Updates
    in Windows XP
    http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-US;283629

    How to configure automatic updates by using Group Policy or registry
    settings
    http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-US;328010

    How to change your Automatic Updates settings by using Windows Security
    Center
    http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;875349

    --
    Hope this helps. Let us know.
    Wes

    In news:79E407B4-CC3E-44D2-BACB-19D5ABC8E4B6@microsoft.com,
    Thomas,Tom <Thomas,Tom@discussions.microsoft.com> hunted and pecked:
    > in the control panel I configured windows update to come on
    > automatical but id will not come on for Updates

Control Panel Windows Update Microsoft Windows XP