Sign in with
Your question

Core Launch Moved Up

Last response: in CPUs
April 27, 2006 10:23:27 PM

The Inquirer has reported previously that Intel is looking to bring Core to market very aggressively and now Intel themselves have confirmed it.

http://www.theinquirer.net/?article=31316

Woodcrest will ship in June, Conroe in July, and Merom in August. Personally, I'm particularly happy about Merom launching in August instead of Q4 since I'm looking to buy a new notebook. I'll have to see how it compares to the Turion X2 when they are released.

What I found most interesting is that Intel is already working on 2 next generation microarchitectures and plans to release a new one every 2 years. I guess they decided they couldn't just sit around anymore like they did with Netburst.

More about : core launch moved

April 27, 2006 10:33:23 PM

Ye apparently they are already sampling a new B0 stepping now. We'll know soon how well the finaly silicon will o/c. This year is gonna be crazy. We're all gonna have DC 4ghz version's of our favourite chips from 6 years ago.
April 27, 2006 10:42:52 PM

Let's hope they can lower the NetBurst prices even more. Then everyone wins.
Related resources
April 27, 2006 11:02:47 PM

Well it looks like I know what Ill be saving my summer job money for IF Conroe holds true to its claim. I like AMD, dont get me wrong, but INtel ,like wusy said, looks to be bringin the thunder.

This should be an interesting summer.

Possible Nvidia 8 series, no way ATI wouldn't counter
AM2 and Conroe launch

Yes im ignoring the mobile segment bc nobody wants a laptop.... lol j/k
April 27, 2006 11:21:28 PM

Quote:
The PowerPC fanboys shall never take over! It is my sacred duty to stop them with the fact that they suck Steven Job's Man parts.
<Thinking> How did he find out our plan!

What are you talking about?
April 28, 2006 12:08:16 AM

Maybe AMD will step up their 65nm production with this news. I'd like to see a decent reason to upgrade to AM2 before the end of the year...although it would negate the reason for all the chips they are making right now, so it probably won't happen.
April 28, 2006 12:52:44 AM

intel is really stepping it up to take back market share.

- huge price cuts to clear inventory. they flat out have the better bang for the buck now, considering you can clock a lot of their 65nm pentium 4/d's into the 4ghz range.
- moved up the launch of their new cpus. I think that's twice now.
- they're releasing a new architecture every 2 years? this is impressive imo. that is exactly what intel has the capability of doing because of simpy being a bigger company (more engineers, r&d, etc.).
- they plan to push quickly into 45nm as well.

they're getting panicked, obviously, as AMD is eating into their profits, but at the same time it looks like they're getting back on track really well.
April 28, 2006 1:03:17 AM

Quote:
The Inquirer has reported previously that Intel is looking to bring Core to market very aggressively and now Intel themselves have confirmed it.

Woodcrest will ship in June, Conroe in July, and Merom in August. Personally, I'm particularly happy about Merom launching in August instead of Q4 since I'm looking to buy a new notebook. I'll have to see how it compares to the Turion X2 when they are released.

What I found most interesting is that Intel is already working on 2 next generation microarchitectures and plans to release a new one every 2 years. I guess they decided they couldn't just sit around anymore like they did with Netburst.

Yeah, I know Intel's understanding of "new" architectures: add more cache and increase the speed of the FSB... :roll:

Why in the world would you be happy about intels releasing new architectures every two years?
Once more we see "all mighty" intel screwing everyone. People used to upgrade every 4+ years, now with intel's move people are forced to upgrade every two years and forcing AMD to do so also. Don't you get it?

What we see here is a desperate intel trying to do anything to regain leadership, but in the end they'll f*ck their self once again.
April 28, 2006 1:09:15 AM

Quote:

Yeah, I know Intel's understanding of "new" architectures: add more cache and increase the speed of the FSB... :roll:

Why in the world would you be happy about intels releasing new architectures every two years?
Once more we see "all mighty" intel screwing everyone. People used to upgrade every 4+ years, now with intel's move people are forced to upgrade every two years and forcing AMD to do so also. Don't you get it?

What we see here is a desperate intel trying to do anything to regain leadership, but in the end they'll f*ck their self once again.

Technology leaders can not slow down.
April 28, 2006 1:11:02 AM

Quote:

when has intel ever called adding more cache and increasing the FSB a new architecture?

Quote:

I don't understand what your beef is. you don't want processors to get faster?

Quote:

it's pointless for you to try and create doubt with intel when you're so clearly biased towards AMD. how about, since you probably like to buy fast computers, you look forward to conroe, purchase it for your next cpu, and then make your next upgrade to AMD after they release their new stuff?
April 28, 2006 1:14:28 AM

Quote:

What we see here is a desperate intel trying to do anything to regain leadership, but in the end they'll f*ck their self once again. This of course is coming from someone that is highly educated in marketing and the history of AMD and Intel. :roll:
April 28, 2006 1:28:52 AM

Quote:

I understand your concerns and they are valid, but Intel is aware of the problem.

Quote:
The chipset designs will be offset by half a generation.

I know it's very brief, but the idea is that a single chipset will be able to bridge two generations. Whether it'll work out in real life is of course another issue, but given that all current and future designs are focused on multi-core and similar power envelopes, the chances of compatibility between generations is higher. The only reason why current chipsets aren't compatible with Conroe is because of the huge power difference requiring new VRMs. Future designs should have similar power envelops and not have this issue.
April 28, 2006 1:42:08 AM

Quote:

Since when intel was a technology leader?
Please, refresh my mind :roll:
April 28, 2006 1:50:21 AM

Quote:

Since when intel was a technology leader?
Please, refresh my mind :roll:

Processor's are not the only thing Intel does.
April 28, 2006 2:02:48 AM

Ohh Ohhh Ohhh I know what Intel's plan is !!!! Super duper low priced Pentium D's take out the low end market and medium priced Conroe's taking over the high end market !!! hmmm looks like Intel wants to show AMD who the school yard bully is lol
April 28, 2006 2:15:28 AM

Quote:
Ohh Ohhh Ohhh I know what Intel's plan is !!!! Super duper low priced Pentium D's take out the low end market and medium priced Conroe's taking over the high end market !!! hmmm looks like Intel wants to show AMD who the school yard bully is lol

How is more bang for the buck ever a bad thing? I really hope you use a condom, because there should be a law against people as dense and blinded as you from ever reproducing.

Think about it AMD will have to counter to be competitive that means your beloved AMD will be CHEAPER! That is good for you too!!!!
April 28, 2006 2:18:37 AM

Quote:

How is more bang for the buck ever a bad thing? I really hope you use a condom, because there should be a law against people as dense and blinded as you from ever reproducing.

Think about it AMD will have to counter to be competitive that means your beloved AMD will be CHEAPER! That is good for you too!!!!

Wow insults, your impressive and maybe a bit on the slow side... at any rate at least your sense of humor is not well developed... I am in no way an AMD person truth be told I like Intel's better in fact I just ordered a Pentium D to replace my ageing Northwood...
a b à CPUs
April 28, 2006 2:33:30 AM

dude, you are a fool, every post you make just proves that fact.

IN OTHER WORDS SHUT THE F*CK UP!!!!!!!!!
April 28, 2006 2:33:51 AM

Quote:

How about the inventor of the first solid state microprocessor? Yeah, I do believe there was a patent on that and it was filed by Intel. Do you feel refreshed? Hmmmmm

Yes that and about 10,000 other advances.... If not for Intel and AMD's cross liscencing I doubt AMD could even make a CPU with out stepping on Intel's IP...
a b à CPUs
April 28, 2006 2:38:28 AM

no action man dont waste a slinkie on him he is a waste of forum space.

even less than 9-inch

FOOOOOOOOOOOOL!!!!!!!!!!
April 28, 2006 2:40:47 AM

Quote:
no action man dont waste a slinkie on him he is a waste of forum space.

even less than 9-inch

FOOOOOOOOOOOOL!!!!!!!!!!

8O :trophy:
April 28, 2006 2:43:59 AM

You to whom hear me know it addresses them when I say...
Be vewy vewy afraiwd!
April 28, 2006 2:45:36 AM

Quote:
when has intel ever called adding more cache and increasing the FSB a new architecture?

They always do. How come you didn't notice? ;) 

Quote:
Why in the world ould you be happy about intels releasing new architectures every two years?

Quote:
I don't understand what your beef is. you don't want processors to get faster?

Of corse I want faster processors which are possible with core revisions and die shrinks (just the way AMD has been doing with the Athlon64), but not a F*CKING NEW ARCHITECTURE EVERY 2 YEARS. A new architecture bring changes to everything: new chipsets, expensive memory shifts (DDR3, etc.) and new sockets. Maybe, I am not a millionaire like you but I'm talking in favor of the average Joe.

Quote:
it's pointless for you to try and create doubt with intel when you're so clearly biased towards AMD. how about, since you probably like to buy fast computers, you look forward to conroe, purchase it for your next cpu, and then make your next upgrade to AMD after they release their new stuff?

If you're a BIG company with LOTS of resources but still you DON'T see the results you want sake of losing market share and your stock keeps going further down, it's obvious you do these type of "desperate" moves to keep up against the competition. Even if it's true that intel will release Woodcrest and siblings, all that is, is intel's propaganda machine.
First off, there's no market for woodcrest in june if they ever releases it in june. Certifications are not all that fast, first the builder has to build it and certify it and then the buyer takes a sample to certify it with his bussiness; so intel releasing woodcrest first means nothing, even though they will and try to tell us something different.
With that conrunt will be released towards the end of july, if it makes it then, so how much money is intel going to make 3rd quarter??? it won't since it will be behind what it did last year by 30 to 40%. By the time moron or merom or whatever its called will find a new dual core Turion to battle with.
In conclusion, intel isn't going to make any money this year.
April 28, 2006 2:52:47 AM

I agree that Intel will not be doing as well as they have but I think they will still turn a profit (albeit a very slim one) I think next year will be Intel's money machine. They need it to pay for all that moving to 45nm stuff :twisted: I havent had this much fun since Intel and AMD where slugging it out with the P3 and the original Athlon !

Edit: Heheheheh yeah you would think Intel's R&D department spends all its money on beer the way people talk...
April 28, 2006 2:53:56 AM

Quote:

Lol, considering they've already made well over $1 Billion profit so far this year in just the first quarter, I think they'll be ok. They'll use those profits to come up with even better products! Everyone wins!
April 28, 2006 2:57:27 AM

Also when you talk about inovation you have to think about more then just CPU's there is process and fabrication... I know just getting clean water and air are huge things by them selves... and by clean I dont mean drinking or breathing clean.
April 28, 2006 3:00:18 AM

Quote:
Of corse I want faster processors which are possible with core revisions and die shrinks (just the way AMD has been doing with the K, but not a F*CKING NEW ARCHITECTURE EVERY 2 YEARS. A new architecture bring changes to everything: new chipsets, expensive memory shifts (DDR3, etc.) and new sockets. Maybe, I am not a millionaire like you but I'm talking in favor of the average Joe.

Not to worry, you never will be! :lol: 

Quote:
With that conrunt will be released towards the end of july, if it makes it then, so how much money is intel going to make 3rd quarter??? it won't since it will be behind what it did last year by 30 to 40%. By the time moron or merom or whatever its called will find a new dual core Turion to battle with.

No money made this year?!? Either you are talking about AMD or your personal finances... since reletave to Intel's profits, you have something in common with AMD!
April 28, 2006 3:18:32 AM

All this crazy compitition with Intel and AMD are making everyone nuts. Now we feel that we're gonna have to upgrade as soon as new chip is launch. It's good to a have a competition thus producing more powerful chips, they should also consider the price of thier cpu's. It would be nice for an average joe like me to be able to afford a high performance chip like FX-60 and 840 EE. :D 
April 28, 2006 3:25:41 AM

Quote:
All this crazy compitition with Intel and AMD are making everyone nuts. Now we feel that we're gonna have to upgrade as soon as new chip is launch. It's good to a have a competition thus producing more powerful chips, they should also consider the price of thier cpu's. It would be nice for an average joe like me to be able to afford a high performance chip like FX-60 and 840 EE. :D 
Damn it this morning the forumz were quiet and now this sh*t happens geez :roll: People wait till 3rd party benchmarks show conroe and am2 then argue!
April 28, 2006 3:32:45 AM

Quote:
Of corse I want faster processors which are possible with core revisions and die shrinks (just the way AMD has been doing with the Athlon64), but not a F*CKING NEW ARCHITECTURE EVERY 2 YEARS. A new architecture bring changes to everything: new chipsets, expensive memory shifts (DDR3, etc.) and new sockets. Maybe, I am not a millionaire like you but I'm talking in favor of the average Joe.

I think you are exaggerating the situation. A new microarchitecture does not have to change anything other than the processor itself. For example, comparing Conroe to Presler, it still uses the same 975X chipset, the sample DDR2 memory, and the same socket. The only difference is the VRM, which as I mentioned before, isn't likely to need changing again, because the power envelopes aren't likely to change drastically. The Bensley platform is also a good example since you can just swap out a Netburst Dempsey and put in a Core Woodcrest. Sadly, Bensley still isn't released yet.

Quote:
First off, there's no market for woodcrest in june if they ever releases it in june. Certifications are not all that fast, first the builder has to build it and certify it and then the buyer takes a sample to certify it with his bussiness; so intel releasing woodcrest first means nothing, even though they will and try to tell us something different.

I assume by tell us something different you mean this:

Quote:
Yahoo is evaluating Woodcrest as well as a "lot of other customers" evaluating the server chip. Those include customers in the financial services community. Market share won't be clawed back as fast in the channel and retail side, he said. Intel already has over 100 design wins for Conroe mobos, he said. One hundred designs for Merom are already ready, he claimed. Intel has 200 plus Viiv designs slated for this year.

Getting Woodcrest systems built and certified won't take that long since that the entire put of providing engineering samples to manufacturers and customers early for trails. Usually Intel has system designs ready to go before they launch anyways since it is those systems that are shown off during launch day. Certification for Woodcrest is also simplified because it is a drop-in replacement for Dempsey on the Bensley platform which developers have had since last year. Supposedly, the only thing delaying the Bensley launch is FB-DIMM availability rather than lack of certification or system designs.
April 28, 2006 3:40:24 AM

We need a babysitter and a few diaper changes in this thread...
April 28, 2006 4:22:27 AM

Quote:

I think you are exaggerating the situation. A new microarchitecture does not have to change anything other than the processor itself. For example, comparing Conroe to Presler, it still uses the same 975X chipset, the sample DDR2 memory, and the same socket. The only difference is the VRM, which as I mentioned before, isn't likely to need changing again, because the power envelopes aren't likely to change drastically. The Bensley platform is also a good example since you can just swap out a Netburst Dempsey and put in a Core Woodcrest. Sadly, Bensley still isn't released yet.

Quote:

Quote:
Yahoo is evaluating Woodcrest as well as a "lot of other customers" evaluating the server chip. Those include customers in the financial services community. Market share won't be clawed back as fast in the channel and retail side, he said. Intel already has over 100 design wins for Conroe mobos, he said. One hundred designs for Merom are already ready, he claimed. Intel has 200 plus Viiv designs slated for this year.

Getting Woodcrest systems built and certified won't take that long since that the entire put of providing engineering samples to manufacturers and customers early for trails. Usually Intel has system designs ready to go before they launch anyways since it is those systems that are shown off during launch day. Certification for Woodcrest is also simplified because it is a drop-in replacement for Dempsey on the Bensley platform which developers have had since last year. Supposedly, the only thing delaying the Bensley launch is FB-DIMM availability rather than lack of certification or system designs.

while it may work on existing sockets , it will not work on existing motherboards

there may be one or two motherboards that it will work on a little , but they are not completely stable

http://www.xtremesystems.org/forums/showthread.php?t=96989

the author of this thread knows for sure.

And about woodcrest and conroe being released on june, I kinda find that odd since Intel itself sayed that they can only deliver 20% of these processors to everyone. Let's not forget that they have lots of Prescott inventory laying around and they seem to be very desperate to get rid of those no matter what.
April 28, 2006 4:33:25 AM

Quote:
I kinda find that odd since Intel itself sayed that they can only deliver 20% of these processors to everyone.
Care to clarify that sentence? That doesn't mean anything. 20% of what? And link to the quote please?
April 28, 2006 4:34:07 AM

Is this crap not getting old yet? How about everyone just shut the hell up...
Talk about something productive..... not the same thing over and over again. Who cares if intel made the first cpu(nothing against you Jack).... but who cares who spends the most on R&D..... I could care less if $0 was spent on R&D and we were receiving 20% increases from generation to generation. So what if Conroe is faster. During the P3 days AMD put the hurt on Intel, then Intel struck back, then AMD struck back with K8..... that is how it works.... lets just pray it continues that way. Would we still be stuck on Net Burst if K8 was never around to chalenge that sub par architecture? Who knows.... and before all you Intel Fanatics jump on me for calling it sub par..... I just want to say.... I am not saying it's a bad cpu.... just not a great one..... so don't get all bent out of shape.... and you guys need to grow up, be more like Jack and stop personally attacking everyone that posts.... just because you don't agree with them..... you cannot go through life acting so damn juvenile..... so why don't you guys stop.... stop being hipocrits and calling other people "fanboys" and things of the sort. It is infantile.... this all goes for both sides..... AMD and Intel groupies.... stop..... is it really so hard to "ACT" like adults? (Sexbomb.... I am not directly referring to you, you were last post when I posted this, I used your reply)
April 28, 2006 4:37:16 AM

Quote:
Is this crap not getting old yet? How about everyone just shut the hell up...
Talk about something productive..... not the same thing over and over again. Who cares if intel made the first cpu(nothing against you Jack).... but who cares who spends the most on R&D..... I could care less if $0 was spent on R&D and we were receiving 20% increases from generation to generation. So what if Conroe is faster. During the P3 days AMD put the hurt on Intel, then Intel struck back, then AMD struck back with K8..... that is how it works.... lets just pray it continues that way. Would we still be stuck on Net Burst if K8 was never around to chalenge that sub par architecture? Who knows.... and before all you Intel Fanatics jump on me for calling it sub par..... I just want to say.... I am not saying it's a bad cpu.... just not a great one..... so don't get all bent out of shape.... and you guys need to grow up, be more like Jack and stop personally attacking everyone that posts.... just because you don't agree with them..... you cannot go through life acting so damn juvenile..... so why don't you guys stop.... stop being hipocrits and calling other people "fanboys" and things of the sort. It is infantile.... this all goes for both sides..... AMD and Intel groupies.... stop..... is it really so hard to "ACT" like adults? (Sexbomb.... I am not directly referring to you, you were last post when I posted this, I used your reply)

Cyrix > All....
April 28, 2006 5:21:24 AM

Are there any other sites other then INQ that have this july conroe release date info?
April 28, 2006 5:56:17 AM

http://www.dailytech.com/article.aspx?newsid=2015

Quote:
Intel will also be introducing three new chips over the summer to refresh its product lines. Woodcrest for servers will be released in June, Conroe for desktops in July and Merom for notebooks in August.

The Core Launch announcements were made by Intel's CEO at a shareholder's meeting so The Inquirer isn't making this up and I'm sure there are many other websites that will report this as well.
April 28, 2006 6:48:28 AM

Quote:
They always do. How come you didn't notice? ;) 

give me an example of one time when intel increased a feature on their cpu (like the cache or fsb) and called it a new architecture. really, cause I don't know of one time. correct me if I'm wrong.

they called netburst a new architecture. pentium m a new architecture. core is a new architectire.

they haven't called pentium d a new architecture, or even core duo, and those are both major changes to their predecessor.

Quote:

I agree that intel wants more than just a cpu upgrade a lot of the time, but if it brings substantially better performance, so be it. I think it's worth a new motherboard and maybe new ram.

Quote:
If you're a BIG company with LOTS of resources but still you DON'T see the results you want sake of losing market share and your stock keeps going further down, it's obvious you do these type of "desperate" moves to keep up against the competition. Even if it's true that intel will release Woodcrest and siblings, all that is, is intel's propaganda machine.

ok, this isn't propaganda. clearly you don't even know what that word means. intel is making a huge shift in it's strategy, rearranging the company, altering it's entire image, and releasing a new cpu architecture that from all accounts (and I mean all, except from the totally AMD biased), looks to be a major performance increase from both themselves and the competition. clearly they mean business, and I think it's going to be a huge deal in the world of cpus. we're going to see big strides imo from both intel and AMD because of fierce competition.

Quote:

validation and what not is I'm sure being taken care of as we speak (as other posters have already pointed out). inte's history shows that when they officially launch a product, it's generally available pretty much right away. look at core duo, they announced it in january and within weeks, dell, acer, toshiba, etc. were all shipping core duo laptops.

Quote:

you're just getting ridiculous here. conrunt and moron?

intel is still making huge profits, more profit in fact than AMD's total earnings.

I also find it funny how you talk up turion's, since they're already being outperformed by pentium m's and core solos.
April 28, 2006 8:33:10 AM

I think Intel pushed the P4 as much as they could because they couldn't afford sweeping 2 failed core developments under the rug in the same time frame (IA64 and Netburst), so they kept on tweaking their P4 and running the marketing division until they recouped on their Netburst investment - otherwise, the Pentium M would have been all over the place much earlier.

The K7 ruled supreme ever since it came out in the performance/price ratio, and in pure performance/clock ratio.

Period.

When Intel saw AMD break the GHz barrier and couldn't achieve it with its present product, the GHz war began in earnest: Netburst - which was pretty much a 'I run faster but do less' design, not really an innovation. Moreover, due to bad platform choices, the P4 beginnings were nothing less than rocky and required several complete platform overhauls to compensate the initial bad choices (Rambus, temporary socket design), the very high heat dissipation (bolted cooler mounts with yet another socket design), then the FSB changes...

On AMD's side, Slot A led to Socket A (with changing voltage requirements, but still mostly the same platform). Only with a new core architecture was the socket changed.

So Intel did innovate, but most of its innovations led to problems - so while Intel learnt through trial and error (which some say may bring the most insight), AMD learnt through careful design and progressive betterment on a stable base (which led to some confusion about what core revision could do what). Intel finally learnt that same lesson when the Israeli team uncovered their new Pentium M (P-III based), of which Conroe is the direct descendant.
April 28, 2006 3:33:00 PM

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

while it may work on existing sockets , it will not work on existing motherboards

there may be one or two motherboards that it will work on a little , but they are not completely stable

http://www.xtremesystems.org/forums/showthread.php?t=96989

the author of this thread knows for sure.

And about woodcrest and conroe being released on june, I kinda find that odd since Intel itself sayed that they can only deliver 20% of these processors to everyone. Let's not forget that they have lots of Prescott inventory laying around and they seem to be very desperate to get rid of those no matter what.

It looks like I was right on this one:
http://voodoopc.blogspot.com/2006/04/it-all-comes-down-to-yield.html
April 28, 2006 3:42:33 PM

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

After all, rettihsllub was right since Intel’s hurry to launch Woodcrest, Conroe and Merom not impressing industry, but neither is AMD’s AM2 platform:
http://www.digitimes.com/mobos/a20060428PR213.html

Quote:
Intel’s move to push its 65nm dual-core Woodcrest, Conroe and Merom processors (all three utilize the new Intel Core microarchitecture, but target different applications) ahead of previous schedules has not much impressed industry players in Taiwan, according to industry sources. However, since AMD is considered by the industry as being a step behind in the performance race, Intel still has a good chance to regain market share recently lost to its main competitor.

On Thursday, Intel announced that Woodcrest shipments will start in June, followed by Conroe in July and Merom in August – about a couple of months ahead of previous schedules. This will definitely put additional pressure to motherboard makers, the sources indicated, even though a lot of players are expected to come to Computex showcasing new desktop models based on Intel’s new P965 chipset (which supports Conroe).

The sources expect the chipset, which is known as a part of this year’s Intel entertainment PC platforms for the digital home, to be formally launched on June 7, the second day of Computex, or even earlier.

In an attempt to catch up with the competition, AMD will probably try to move the launch of its AM2 dual-core CPUs from June 6, as previously planned, to about May 23, according to the sources. So far, these processors appear to have only minor chances to take a lead over Conroe, and this raises concerns within the industry about AMD’s competitive power, at least, in the second half of this year.

On the other hand, AMD may benefit from claims that Intel may be experiencing difficulties with the Conroe platform, with the sources mentioning possible compatibility issues with the current Intel 975X Express chipset and the unclear situation with the DDR2-800 memory standard, which is still not approved by JEDEC.

The AM2 platform seems more stable at the moment, but the lack of performance should prevent AMD from looking forward with optimism.

Motherboard makers do not believe that the new Intel schedules for Woodcrest, Conroe and Merom will heavily boost shipments. Even before the update, Intel was in a good position, targeting the new CPUs to hit the market in a hot season, the sources indicated. This quarter, according to Intel, motherboard supply will again exceed actual demand, so the sources expressed some worries about how the inventory pile-up will play out.

Intel again confirmed it already has three 12-inch fabs ramping up 65nm processor production and it stated that more than 50% of its chipset production will be done utilizing 12-inch wafers in the first half of 2007. Adopting 12-inch wafers should make Intel chipsets more cost-effective, and it will also benefit Intel by providing better margins, the sources guessed. However, there is not yet any hint that Intel may decrease chipset prices because of that, the sources noted.

New codenames Nehalem and Gesher, announced by Intel CEO Paul Otellini as microarchitecture evolutions escorting 45nm (for 2008) and 32nm (for 2010) technology processes, respectively, were not known to the sources. Intel did not reveal any details about the projects, and the sources also remained indifferent about them at the moment.
April 28, 2006 3:56:03 PM

I'm going to have to go with an Action Man style post on this one...

SILENCE MONKEYS!!!
April 28, 2006 10:21:52 PM

Here's another...........forget it
April 28, 2006 11:56:01 PM

Its amusing how you bold this part.

Quote:
The AM2 platform seems more stable at the moment

But after that it says.

Quote:
but the lack of performance should prevent AMD from looking forward with optimism.

:lol: 
April 28, 2006 11:57:45 PM

Quote:

But after that it says.

Quote:
but the lack of performance should prevent AMD from looking forward with optimism.

Word.
April 28, 2006 11:58:54 PM

Quote:

But after that it says.

Quote:

Word.

Worder.
April 29, 2006 4:50:13 AM

Quote:
Wordest haha

Why is it nessary mock him?
!