edit .js files

Hi:

When I right-click on a .js file, and choose "edit", the file is opened using
Notepad.

How can I change this so it will open using Wordpad instead?

Thanks!

John <><

A wise monkey is a monkey who doesn't monkey
with an other monkey's monkey.
3 answers Last reply
More about edit files

    "John" <nospam@nospam.ca> wrote in message

    > When I right-click on a .js file, and choose "edit", the file is opened
    using
    > Notepad.
    > How can I change this so it will open using Wordpad instead?

    / start / help /
    enter OPENING FILES
    select WORDPAD

    --
    Don Phillipson
    Carlsbad Springs

    Notepad appears to be the proper one to use for editing .js files.
    Normally, when a file is too large to open with Notepad, a requestor
    will appear offering Wordpad, though. Well, here is how to go straight
    to Wordpad...

    (1) "START button, Settings, Folder Options, File Types tab".
    (2) Scroll the Registered File Types to "JS Script File".
    (3) Click the "Edit..." button on right.
    (4) Highlight "Edit" in the Actions window.
    (5) Click the "Edit..." button at bottom.
    (6) Replace "...Notepad.exe" with...
    "C:\Program Files\Accessories\Wordpad.exe"
    ...as I presume that is where yours is located.
    (7) OK your way out.

    I guess this should be fine, but do have some slight worry over
    formatting characters.

    --
    Thanks or Good Luck,
    There may be humor in this post, and,

    On Wed, 18 May 2005 11:28:01 -0400, John <nospam@nospam.ca> wrote:

    >Hi:
    >
    >When I right-click on a .js file, and choose "edit", the file is opened using
    >Notepad.
    >
    >How can I change this so it will open using Wordpad instead?
    >
    >Thanks!
    >
    >John <><

    Thanks, Don and PCR.

    I've got it working now.

    John <><

    A wise monkey is a monkey who doesn't monkey
    with an other monkey's monkey.

Notepad Microsoft Windows