Memory for DFI LanParty UT NF4 SLI-DR Expert

xxjudgmentxx

Distinguished
Apr 28, 2006
Hello.
I am currently in the process of building a brand new, super-high end gaming rig and am looking into a LanParty UT NF4 SLI-DR Expert for my mobo. I am just looking for input on RAM for the board. I am going to be using 4GB and overclocking is not a huge thing for me. Currently I'm thinking about 4GB of Corsair Twinx2048-3200c2 (see link below).

Corsair TwinX2048 Kit

Please post your thoughts on memory for this board. Please indicate if you are suggesting the memory for overclocking purposes or as a 'just a good all-around memory'.

Thanks a lot!

-Nick

DDay629

Distinguished
Mar 27, 2006
I personally am getting both this RAM and this board, so it looks good. As for where to get it, I would get it over at ZZF, as they have something like a $50 rebate on this RAM right now.

DDay

vimka

Distinguished
Mar 26, 2006
If you're not planning to run Windows 64-bit, you will not be able to utilize the full 4GB of that (just an FYI).

Other than that, if you're not planning to OC the board may be a bit of overkill for you. It's a great board and all, but it is specifically designed with overclocking in mind.

As for the question of the RAM, it's good stuff and should work just fine with the motherboard you're using.