CD-ROM drive locked by disk utility

CD-ROM drive D:\ suddenly began giving me error message 'drive not acessible'
when trying to pull files off various CDs that I had accessed before. Running
Norton on it gave the message ' drive locked by disk utility' - can't run
Scandisk on it. Autorun command does not activate. Device manager reports its
working properly. What can I do now?
1 answer Last reply
More about drive locked disk utility

    Try rebooting and see what happens

    --
    Jon Hildrum
    DTS MVP
    "Lisa Weih" <Lisa Weih@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > CD-ROM drive D:\ suddenly began giving me error message 'drive not
    > acessible'
    > when trying to pull files off various CDs that I had accessed before.
    > Running
    > Norton on it gave the message ' drive locked by disk utility' - can't run
    > Scandisk on it. Autorun command does not activate. Device manager reports
    > its
    > working properly. What can I do now?

CD-Rom Windows