How good of a computer can I get for $45,000?

pet2001-black.jpg

ProdigyMS

Distinguished
Dec 21, 2005
Don't waste your money on a 45,000$ rig. It's pointless unless you run a massive operation. If you are seriously interested, then look at Sun Microsystems.

ThunderGodThor

Distinguished
Feb 7, 2006
With that you can build about 20 Very high end systems. Now for 45k what are you gonna do with it ect more info then im gonna build a system for 45k is needed.

illuminatirex

Distinguished
Jan 23, 2006
45k hm...i dont know lol it might not be enough :wink: ...with intel new platinum/gold procesors coming out, and those diamond embeded in gold cases that are coming out soon hm.... lol no offence but did u just make up this question just to post it here?;) besides why only 45k? :wink: why not round it off to a nice 50k? :wink:

chuckshissle

Splendid
Feb 2, 2006
That's way too much and besides a game even has a limit. So if you have a $45,000 rig, still a pong is a pong it will not change to something better. If you can build a supercomputer to play pc games then that would be great and you can have 1,000fps in a ridiculously high resolution and highest settings possible. But a $3000 rig will do just as fine as you don't need to have an insane performance in order to play a game. A rig that can produce 60fps at decent resolution like 1024 or 1280 with high settings would a great rig, anything over would be just an overkill. But with that kind of money I will buy a good sporty car and build a gaming rig in it. :D

JonathanDeane

Distinguished
Mar 28, 2006
for 45K I will build you the most wicked rig on the planet personaly... thats what 45K would get you... Included would be total system upgrades for 2 years meaning you would have top of the line parts no matter what came out for 2 years yours would be the best.... On site service.... Thats what that kind of cash would get you in a PC lol now for a Server system thats a nice high end system with a manufactorers warrenty and thats it...

Aids

Distinguished
May 16, 2004
Setting aside the server replies and all seriousness. I highly doubt that this person "pokemon" has 45 grand he can just throw away into a computer. Call me skeptical but that could get you a brand new car and a 20 thousand dollar gas card. I would go for that personally.

JonathanDeane

Distinguished
Mar 28, 2006
Setting aside the server replies and all seriousness. I highly doubt that this person "pokemon" has 45 grand he can just throw away into a computer. Call me skeptical but that could get you a brand new car and a 20 thousand dollar gas card. I would go for that personally.

I would say there is a 99.99999% chance your right :) but hey maybe some one just won the loto and they realy want a nice computer... in wich case I would be all too happy to personaly give them the best computer experience that money could buy :) If I won the lotto I would probably do something like that ? I wonder what Bill G's machine looks like....

Aids

Distinguished
May 16, 2004
I do belive you mean Bill G's Machine'S look like. He probably just has a bunch of media computers. A friend of my dad was an engineer for microsoft, and apparently (this could be false information but my dad counts him as reliable) bill gates has some sord of high defenition screen all over his house, and depending on what he feels like, he can change the settings of his house (or some parts of it) depending on his mood. I.E the wallpaper, art on the wall. Even if this isnt true its a good concept.

Aids

Distinguished
May 16, 2004
I agree, imagine sitting in your living room and looking at the biggest wall lounging on the couch playing CS:S, Farcry or something of the sort. Ah i need to go lie down this is making my head hurt.

Aids

Distinguished
May 16, 2004
Dear god...
Those systems are quite insane, and by insane i mean rediculous, and by rediculous i mean insane.. etc...
crazy stuff.

silentcoercion

Distinguished
Apr 18, 2006
These guys might have a budget computer you can get for $45,000. Imagine how much you could contribute to the Folding@Home effort!

Alternatively, Tyan's got their personal computer out. Set one up with eight top of the line Opterons, 64gigs of RAM, HDD capacity in the double-digit TB range, and a couple 30"+ monitors (preferably four, multiplexed), and that'd probably eat it up.

pokemon

Distinguished
Oct 8, 2004
I inherited some money from my great aunt.

You guys are being such nerds, fighting over what computer is better. I believe this is worth a lifetime of street happiness. If you know what I mean, I'm not going for the cheap ones either, I'll pay up just fine for quality. Every night at my parents house, oh yeah!!! They can sleep over if they want :D .