"New" submenu disappeared

Dear friends,

I have a Windows 98 B installation with the following problem:
When I right-click in a Explorer/folder window the popup menu
that appears does not include a "New" submenu.

The problem arised after the installation of DCOM98 pack
which I downloaded from Microsoft site.

I don't know if there is an "easy" solution to my problem
(tweaking Registry maybe?) and I would appreciate any
help.

Thanks in advance,
Sotiris.
2 answers Last reply
More about submenu disappeared

    New folder missing

    Restore NEW command
    http://aumha.org/regfiles.php#new

    ....Alan

    --
    Alan Edwards, MS MVP W95/98 Systems
    http://dts-l.org/index.html

    In microsoft.public.win98.gen_discussion, "Sotiris Rentoulis"
    <rentoulis@hotmail.com> wrote:

    > Dear friends,
    >
    > I have a Windows 98 B installation with the following problem:
    >When I right-click in a Explorer/folder window the popup menu
    >that appears does not include a "New" submenu.
    >
    > The problem arised after the installation of DCOM98 pack
    >which I downloaded from Microsoft site.
    >
    > I don't know if there is an "easy" solution to my problem
    >(tweaking Registry maybe?) and I would appreciate any
    >help.
    >
    > Thanks in advance,
    > Sotiris.

    Dear friends,

    Allan Edwards gave me a valuable clue that solved my problem:

    http://aumha.org

    Thank you all!

Windows 98 Microsoft Windows