"New" submenu disappeared

Last response: in Windows 95/98/ME
May 20, 2005 7:08:56 AM

Dear friends,

I have a Windows 98 B installation with the following problem:
When I right-click in a Explorer/folder window the popup menu
that appears does not include a "New" submenu.

The problem arised after the installation of DCOM98 pack
which I downloaded from Microsoft site.

I don't know if there is an "easy" solution to my problem
(tweaking Registry maybe?) and I would appreciate any
help.

Thanks in advance,
Sotiris.

More about : submenu disappeared

Anonymous
May 20, 2005 2:17:46 PM

New folder missing

Restore NEW command
http://aumha.org/regfiles.php#new

....Alan

--
Alan Edwards, MS MVP W95/98 Systems
http://dts-l.org/index.html

In microsoft.public.win98.gen_discussion, "Sotiris Rentoulis"
<rentoulis@hotmail.com> wrote:

> Dear friends,
>
> I have a Windows 98 B installation with the following problem:
>When I right-click in a Explorer/folder window the popup menu
>that appears does not include a "New" submenu.
>
> The problem arised after the installation of DCOM98 pack
>which I downloaded from Microsoft site.
>
> I don't know if there is an "easy" solution to my problem
>(tweaking Registry maybe?) and I would appreciate any
>help.
>
> Thanks in advance,
> Sotiris.

Anonymous
May 20, 2005 6:32:57 PM

Dear friends,

Allan Edwards gave me a valuable clue that solved my problem:

http://aumha.org

Thank you all!
!