msgsrv32 error when connecting to the internet and blue-sc..

I have Windows 98 SE.

Whenever I connect to the net, (I have a DSL 256kbps connection) I get an
error message saying "msgsrv32 is not responding". Is there any specific
reason for this happening?? It seems possible for me to continue normally and
browse(I'm doing so right now) after hitting the "close" button. How can I
stop this happening and is there any harm in closing the program.?? I use
either Mozilla or IE 6.0 and in both cases..some 30mins later the browser
also stops responding and further more, explorer.exe stops responding. Is
this dur to any kind of virus??I use Norton 2003 edition. I also have at
least 3 different blue-screen messages and in each case, it is possible for
me to continue normally without finding the need to restart or anything (it
says press any button to continue normally..). For each of the errors, I
could not find any explanation of any sort in the KB. One of them for which I
could not find any description is "fatal exception 0E has occures at
0028:FFOE40A7 from 0028:COOA8294.."

Please help me find a solution..Is it absolutely necessary for me to
re-install windows, or worse, format the Hard Disk??

See this oft-posted response of MVP Richard Harper:
http://groups-beta.google.com/group/microsoft.public.win98.gen_discussion/msg/00341473b0a87027?hl=en

MSGSRV32 is only the messenger, not the problem itself.

If you've not made any recent changes to your system (e.g., new
drivers/installs/uninstalls/updates), chances are your problems are being
caused by a virus/Trojan or hijackware.

Check for Hijackware
http://aumha.org/a/parasite.htm
http://aumha.org/a/quickfix.htm