From WindowsCE v2.11 to PocketPC

October 28, 2004 12:08:41 AM

Hi all...
I've got an handheld PC with a 131Mhz MIPS CPU, that is running WindowsCE
v2.11. (The device is Casio Cassiopeia e-105)
My question is: Can i upgrade it to any of the PocketPc versions? I don't
need the last version of the OS...

Thanks

More about : windowsce pocketpc

Anonymous
October 28, 2004 2:59:21 AM

"Sebastiano" <lord_seba@virgilio.it> wrote in message news:<Ov4$5#EvEHA.2508@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl>...
> Hi all...
> I've got an handheld PC with a 131Mhz MIPS CPU, that is running WindowsCE
> v2.11. (The device is Casio Cassiopeia e-105)
> My question is: Can i upgrade it to any of the PocketPc versions? I don't
> need the last version of the OS...

Sadly, no, but many of the old PPC devices are availablee used. The
E-115 is a virtually identical unit to the 105 but uses the PPC 2000
OS. Audiovox Maestros are PPC 2002 devices, and both are available on
eBay under $100US.
!