Survey: Most People Not Interested in iPad Mini

Status
Not open for further replies.

reprotected

Distinguished
Oct 13, 2009
I would assume consumers want more universal compatibility and features rather than an iPad mini. It's just not needed unless someone wants a much smaller touch screen device, in which if they preferred an Apple product, the iPhone would suit it. It's not going to fit in a clothing pocket, and the 10 inch already fits in almost any bag or purse. There is no need to have it mid-sized, but hey, good for Apple if they can pull it off.

cookoy

Distinguished
Aug 3, 2009
Steve Jobs cited some reasons why he thought 7" tablets would be DOA (dead-on-arrival). But heck, if others are selling a bunch of these, apple would like to grab a slice of the pie too. Hopefully the biggest piece.

Chairman Ray

Honorable
Jun 13, 2012
Pretty soon, Apple will have exhausted all possible sizes. I predict that they are moving onto shapes next. Launching in 2013 - the iPad Circle: comes in 6 different radii. Own them all!

halcyon

Splendid
I don't see the need for it but Apple will still sell a lot of them. My 13 year-old step-daughter dropped her iPad2 and shattered the screen. I've refused to get it fixed for her citing that she should learn a lesson. ...but maybe for Christmas I'll get her screen fixed...or buy this thing for her. {face-palm}

halcyon

Splendid
[citation][nom]darkavenger123[/nom]Hail Apple! They've invented the 7" tablet again! Expect Samsung to be sue for their 7" and 7.7" Galaxy tabs!!! Apple will patent the number 7"!!!![/citation]
I know this goes against a lot of what I've posted in the past but if Apple is going to continue to do the wrong thing by Samsung and others I hope they learn their lesson in this. They're (Apple) trying to play catch-up here and I'm not sure that's a good thing. Unless this 7" MiniPad (hey, that's a good name) has something truly special I'm not rooting for it. I'm beginning to be really glad that Samsung is grabbing the bull by the horns instead of letting Apple do whatever the heck they please.

Playing catch-up is very revealing.

P.S. For anyone who's wondering, you'll pry my Samsung Galaxy S3 from my cold...dead... crinkled...fingers.

one-shot

Distinguished
Jan 13, 2006
Quote from the Holy Book of Apple; Passage from Jobs 24:19-21

"Thou shall exclusively buy Apple products, and when I release a new product, thou shall purchase it too, and spend long hours at Starbucks spreading the good word of Apple."

tanjo

Distinguished
Sep 24, 2011
They should call this iPad Touch. Wait... The iFad. (So incredible, it fits in your hand bag.)

Next product... the awesomely new iMac Touch! Featuring all new powerful dual processors. Twice the number than typically normal PCs. And don't forget no Intel Inside! /s

halcyon

Splendid
The world needs competition and I'm glad we have choices. Apple is on top and that means they're going to p*ss a lot of people off. ...but I think they should leave the 7" tablet market alone. If the MiniPad fails its gonna spell trouble and Samsung (and a lot of others) will be right there laughing.

halcyon

Splendid
[citation][nom]doive1231[/nom]The market is crying out for a fair priced 10" Tegra 3 or equivalent tablet so I don't think the market is saturated.[/citation]
Sounds like you're describing the Asus Transformer Pad Infinity.

G

It will be wildly successful here in Thailand and asia where 7" is appreciated -- especially when squished into a subway or skytrain.

aicom

Honorable
Mar 29, 2012
I have an iPhone 4 from almost 2 years ago, I bought a Nexus 7 when it came out, and I bought an HP TouchPad during the firesale. What really impresses me about the Nexus 7 compared to the iPhone and TouchPad is that it passed my "5 foot rule". Basically, if I have a full blown computer within 5 feet and I feel myself going to get the computer instead of using the device, it fails the test. The Nexus 7 is snappy enough to use even when a full blown computer is nearby for most media consumption tasks.

Status
Not open for further replies.