accidentally clicked .inf file

using win 98se, all updated. dell xpst-450, pent III 384 ram.
i accidentally clicked on some old .inf recovery files from hijackthis,
while attempting to move them into a folder. i think they just opened in
word pad. i also opened some files that needed me to set what program to
open them in, & i just closed them. what happens if you intentially double
click an .inf file? does it open in note or word pad?
thank you for any input.
len kiesling

"Leonard F Kiesling" <lenny323@optonline-removetoreply-.net> wrote in
message news:OPX7KlwXFHA.2756@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl...

> using win 98se, all updated. dell xpst-450, pent III 384 ram.
> i accidentally clicked on some old .inf recovery files from hijackthis,
> while attempting to move them into a folder. i think they just opened in
> word pad. i also opened some files that needed me to set what program to
> open them in, & i just closed them. what happens if you intentially double
> click an .inf file? does it open in note or word pad?

Normal Win98 response to a double click is to
execute the file, if executable -- as an INF file is.
Standard procedure with INF files is to right click
once and select action from the menu.

--
Don Phillipson
Carlsbad Springs

Normal Win98 association will open .inf files in Notepad.
You can see that in Explorer-View-Folder Options-File Types if you
have a look as Setup Information files.

....Alan

--
Alan Edwards, MS MVP W95/98 Systems
http://dts-l.org/index.html

In microsoft.public.win98.gen_discussion, "Leonard F Kiesling"
<lenny323@optonline-removetoreply-.net> wrote:

>using win 98se, all updated. dell xpst-450, pent III 384 ram.
>i accidentally clicked on some old .inf recovery files from hijackthis,
>while attempting to move them into a folder. i think they just opened in
>word pad. i also opened some files that needed me to set what program to
>open them in, & i just closed them. what happens if you intentially double
>click an .inf file? does it open in note or word pad?
>thank you for any input.
>len kiesling

thank you for reply. & teaching me where to look for the file types opening
program. i learn from you folks all the time! i like microsoft. len kiesling