Ok - Bought to take the plunge...finally - ?'s though..

sincraft

Distinguished
Apr 18, 2006
Ok sorry for spamming the forums but I have a few more questions before I drop my hard hard earned money on a system:

-Hard Drives: I see some people buying two different hard drives for their system, one for data, and one for games. The mobo I am getting is 3.0g sata compat. I also see stats like S ATA 150/ stats. Isn't that just sata 1.5g or am I incorrect...sorry :)
So - is THIS hard drive ok for all this? :)

-I see some people upgrading their ram for the typical system. What is the best overclockable 1gb and 2gb ram out there in your opinion?

-Antec has a CASE with a 430 power supply.
IS this good enough for overclocking?

I am thinking of spending the extra cash on a 7900gt instead of a faster processor. Is a 7900gt and a 3200+ venice (or 144 opty) gonna be optimal?

Thanks!

S

sandmannight

Distinguished
Mar 22, 2006
Ok sorry for spamming the forums but I have a few more questions before I drop my hard hard earned money on a system:

-Hard Drives: I see some people buying two different hard drives for their system, one for data, and one for games. The mobo I am getting is 3.0g sata compat. I also see stats like S ATA 150/ stats. Isn't that just sata 1.5g or am I incorrect...sorry :)
So - is THIS hard drive ok for all this? :)

-I see some people upgrading their ram for the typical system. What is the best overclockable 1gb and 2gb ram out there in your opinion?

-Antec has a CASE with a 430 power supply.
IS this good enough for overclocking?

I am thinking of spending the extra cash on a 7900gt instead of a faster processor. Is a 7900gt and a 3200+ venice (or 144 opty) gonna be optimal?

Thanks!

S

If you are going to OC opty 144 would be good and a 7900gt or x1800xt would be your best bet. But if you were into OC'ing I would also get either a DFI or Epox board. One drive will do also. Unless you have a bigger budget. :roll: