Upgrading to Windows 2000

I am thinking about upgrading my Windows 98 install to Windows 2000.
Can I put the Windows 2000 right over the Windows 98 install on my
Win32 formatted C: drive? What are the issues involved in doing this?
Thank you!

Joe Camel wrote:
> I am thinking about upgrading my Windows 98 install to Windows 2000.
> Can I put the Windows 2000 right over the Windows 98 install on my
> Win32 formatted C: drive? What are the issues involved in doing this?
> Thank you!

This is NOT an "upgrade".
Two OS's with different administrative policies.
Before commiting your system try to get some info on "multitasking,
multiuser" enviroment and only then decide if it is worth it.

Good luck.

Stanislaw
Slack user from Ulladulla.

You should be posting to a W2K newsgroup so you can tap the expertise you
will find there.

--
Regards

Ron Badour, MS MVP Windows 98
Tips: http://home.satx.rr.com/badour
Knowledge Base Info:

Stanislaw Flatto wrote:

> Joe Camel wrote:
> > I am thinking about upgrading my Windows 98 install to Windows 2000.
> > Can I put the Windows 2000 right over the Windows 98 install on my
> > Win32 formatted C: drive? What are the issues involved in doing this?
> > Thank you!
>
> This is NOT an "upgrade".
> Two OS's with different administrative policies.
> Before commiting your system try to get some info on "multitasking,
> multiuser" enviroment and only then decide if it is worth it.

Thx. I am a bit of a nerd actually. Not as much of one as you are, but
anyway......yes, I am quite familiar with a multitasking and multiuser
OS.

I already bought the Win 2000 CD and wish to install it.

Joe Camel wrote:

> Thx. I am a bit of a nerd actually. Not as much of one as you are, but
> anyway......yes, I am quite familiar with a multitasking and multiuser
> OS.
>
> I already bought the Win 2000 CD and wish to install it.

Good luck!
And keep a bottle of "Valerian" handy.

Have fun

Stanislaw