No Windows98 CD

While attempting to install a modem in my COMPAQ laptop, at the end I was
instructed to insert my WINDOWS98 CD Rom. All I have is the COMPAQ CD that
came with the machine. It has all the utilities etc.

How do I complete the process without that disk?

start
find
files & Folders
named *.cab

there should be a folder with a heap of almost consecutive names.
precopy1.cab precopy2.cab network*.cab etc
often c:\win98 or c:\windows\options\cabs
point the browse funtion of the installer to that folder, not to any cab
file just to the folder

--
Adaware http://www.lavasoft.de
spybot http://security.kolla.de

Grateful thanks to the authors and webmasters
_
"Retired-Ken" <RetiredKen@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> While attempting to install a modem in my COMPAQ laptop, at the end I was
> instructed to insert my WINDOWS98 CD Rom. All I have is the COMPAQ CD that
> came with the machine. It has all the utilities etc.
>
> How do I complete the process without that disk?

didnt notice the prior question and answers, wait more than 5 minutes before
asking again, and read the answers