USB drivers for flash memory

Dave

Distinguished
Jun 25, 2003

Looking at getting 2 Memorex 2GB flash drives for 2 Win98 PC's.
Drivers available from Memorex are for Win98SE.
Will Win98SE drivers work on Win98?

Look on the packaging for system requirements. If it says that it requires
Win98SE, then it will probably not work on Win98.

PattyL

"Dave" <bswarm@nospam.hotmail.com> wrote in message
> Looking at getting 2 Memorex 2GB flash drives for 2 Win98 PC's.
> Drivers available from Memorex are for Win98SE.
> Will Win98SE drivers work on Win98?

"Dave" <bswarm@nospam.hotmail.com> wrote in message

> Looking at getting 2 Memorex 2GB flash drives for 2 Win98 PC's.
> Drivers available from Memorex are for Win98SE.
> Will Win98SE drivers work on Win98?

You will just have to try and find out for yourself.
Win98FE installed USB v.1.1, Win98SE installed
USB Win v.2. Some v.2 drivers work well on a
base of USB 1.1; others do not.

--
Don Phillipson
Carlsbad Springs

"Dave" <bswarm@nospam.hotmail.com> wrote:

>Looking at getting 2 Memorex 2GB flash drives for 2 Win98 PC's.
>Drivers available from Memorex are for Win98SE.
>Will Win98SE drivers work on Win98?

Maybe. No guarantees. But not necessarily.

--
Tim Slattery
MS MVP(DTS)

Dave wrote:
> Looking at getting 2 Memorex 2GB flash drives for 2 Win98 PC's.
> Drivers available from Memorex are for Win98SE.
> Will Win98SE drivers work on Win98?

I think you'll have to upgrade to use flash drives.

"Dave" <bswarm@nospam.hotmail.com> wrote in message news:eHRWt28XFHA.3140@TK2MSFTNGP14.phx.gbl...
> Looking at getting 2 Memorex 2GB flash drives for 2 Win98 PC's.
> Drivers available from Memorex are for Win98SE.
> Will Win98SE drivers work on Win98?

FWIW, I installed the memorex 98SE drivers for the 256MB model,
on my 98 system and it did work. As to "how well", I can't really
say as I rarely use 98 anymore.

Mine is the "B" model.