You are stupid if you buy lcd to play 3d game

imo

Distinguished
Feb 2, 2002
I have seen so many post about people asking/saying is this lcd good at playing 3d game? does that lcd have ghosting playing Q3 demo at 150fps!

People! get real!! lcd panel with its 60hz is "not" for playing fast action 3dgame at 200fps !

Lcd panel is great to use if you want to save desk space, if you use your lcd to work with word/web serving/movie/some gaming! in other word! looking at it all day long it is a great solution compare to crt! it is much more comfortable to look at without flicker and much sharper fon!that is if you don't mind spending the extra money!

however, if you want accurate color"that can output to print shop for publishing" you want to play 3d game at breakneck speed all day long! get a high quality crt and leave it at that!

by the way, all lcd panel have ghost if you run your game fast enough! doesn't matter if it is SGI or Compaq or Viewsonic !! OK!

G

I'm not sure how popular an opinion that is going to be here. Especially since you just called a great number of people "stupid". While CRTs do have an edge in color matching and lack of ghosting in fast action games, a good LCD can come close enough for some users. Personally, I will take a small increase in ghosting in order to benefit from the many ways LCDs are better than CRTs. For me color matching to a printer is not an issue, so there is even less of a reason to own a CRT.

Anyway, I had a KDS Rad-5 with a total response time of 25ms. It had very minimal ghosting that was hardly noticeable and perfectly acceptable. Of note is that the Rad-5 does not use an MVA panel. While MVA panels also are rated at 25ms, they seem to suffer from much more severe ghosting.

Regardless, your post is quite arrogant and certainly not phrased tactfully. Good day sir.

<P ID="edit"><FONT SIZE=-1><EM>Edited by Eviscerate on 02/13/02 02:22 PM.</EM></FONT></P>

flamethrower205

Illustrious
Jun 26, 2001
Ok, so there must be ghosting on my TFT7020, although I don't see any. There just must be. From what u said there absolutely must be. Wait, but there isn't! Odd, I run HL at 600+ FPS (sometimes up to 12000). Same w/ other games. No ghosting. If u get something good, it will look great. My TFT7020 looks great (much better than my 15"), so stop being arrogant. Certain LCD's are suitable for games. U refer to the SGI which has a rt of 40ms....that's way higher than 25.

Only if you let me see the Umpa Lumpa- Homer Simpson.

imo

Distinguished
Feb 2, 2002
Certain people think that if they own something, it is then the "best" there is, some kind of prid e of ownership!

so according to you, there is no point or need for improvement on pixel response above your beloved Compaq 17in!! since there is no ghosting even at 600fps at all that you will notice!

cool, Compaq just conquer a huge techlogy hurdle while all other manfacture say "lcd is not for gameing"! wonderful!

oh, by the way, you do know that Compaq didn't make or fab their line of lcd! Wonder which company actually make this wonder lcd!!

by the way, the best lcd I have ever seen that match my requirement is Apple 22in Cin, and I think it is make for them by Samsung! too bad they cost so damn much!

what about my own VG191? far from the best in any catagery except one, price/performance ratio!

flamethrower205

Illustrious
Jun 26, 2001
Dude, I am not trying to say what I bought is great simpl b/c I bought it. I don't do that. I will tell u right now that the High Tide Gatorade Frost I just bought is bad:) Also, my comp's microphone sucks....and the list goes on. This LCD is something else though, and it certainly is impressive. Of course an LCD w/ faster response time would always be better, but for gaming, there really isn't ghosting. Remember, ur VG191 uses MVA, which we have established to be not so fit for gaming.

G

Bah, just give up on him. I tell people how I perceive things, and if they don't want to acknowledge my opinion, then so be it. I do feel bad knowing that they will mis-inform others down the road. Fortunately those other people will probably eventually figure out that this guy (or whomever) is not quite as knowledgable on the subject as they say they are, and will ignore their comments in the future.

After all, we don't need everyone going off and buying 7020s. I want my friends that have seen mine to be able to get one of their own. :p

I'm sure Compaq realizes that the TFT7020 is probably the best 17" flat panel on the market, as it is priced accordingly. It does share common features (and flaws) with other LCDs, but ghosting is NOT one of them. And that my friend, is all I really care about.

Good day. :)

hammerhead

Distinguished
Mar 5, 2001
Stick it up your ass IMO.

Serious gamers would be constantly slagging off TFT's on this forum, if they are as bad as you say.

Quite happy with my LG Flatron and Samsung MP150 TFT's, if I weren't, I'd go back to my Samsung Syncmaster.

G

AHAHAHA, LET THE FLAME GAMES BEGIN!!!

Jack Burton is a great man...

oymd

Distinguished
Aug 8, 2001
" oh, by the way, you do know that Compaq didn't make or fab their line of lcd! Wonder which company actually make this wonder lcd!!"

its by SHARP

" AMD vs INTEL It really doesnt matter....both r basically DUST...and BOTH do the job!!! "

G

LOL you must have got out the fire torch! Who were you trying to flame there? I thought we were on the same side lol!

G

Just lay off imo, you're making a fool of yourself.

Jack Burton is a great man...

flamethrower205

Illustrious
Jun 26, 2001
Ok, I am back to normal. My presentation went horribly b/c the file deleted itself, and we're not allowed to dl stuff (I had to send it to myself via email, since floppy and CDR weren't working), so in front of everyone on this huge display I had to go into the C drive (good thing the teacher didn't see me, else I woulda been in trouble for doing that) and then change settings!!