Crazy Internet Setup help!

Hello,

Just to explain my setup I currently have 2 x Internet connections coming into my house via a Wayleave and both being different speeds. In my main room I have my Xbox 360 connected to my Sony Bravia TV and my Computer which are both connected to a Netgear router (non-wireless) which is receiving 2 Meg and cannot be changed for whatever reason. In the study I have 50 Meg connected to another Netgear router (wireless) which is broadcasting for the rest of the family over the house.

My issue is I have recently just bought a Netgear N wireless dongle to connect to the Wireless connection so my PC is using the 50 Meg and not the 2 Meg however I want to keep the computer connected to the wired router as well so I can stream videos via TVersity to my Xbox and TV so in other words I need to change the Wired network to Local only. Its not an option to simply pull the 2 Meg as that is used for the Xbox 360 and buying a wireless dongle for the 360 is not really an option.

Does anyone know how I might be able to make Windows 7 64-bit connect Local Only to the Wired network and receive the internet Via the Wireless!

Thanks for the Help!!

Eviljaxx
1 answer Last reply
More about crazy internet setup help
  1. Unfortunately, I think computers by default can only connect to one network, even if both your ethernet and wifi are connected. Maybe Windows 7's virtual NIC functionality can help you with this?
Ask a new question

Read More

Configuration Wireless Internet Windows 7