clean w98se installition drivers ...

Juast did a clean installation of w98se with mobo U8668D V.7A.
There are chips with these labels
a) VIA,VT9237 0432 cd cHINA 2ia29b0441
b) ITE IT8705F 0428-GXS NO9HWO.

In the DM, under the
Display adapters-NVIDIA GeForce FX 5200 Ultra
Hard Disk Controllers - have VIA Bus Master PCI IDE Controller

After I install all the drivers from the mobo cd, I still see these
questions marks in DM, under Other Devices
PCI Card
PCI Ethernet Controller

I just could not find any drivers from the mobo which has
A/ drivers-VIA 4 in I Chipset Drivers
-VIA On Board Lan Driver
-VIA USB 2.0 Driver
-C-Media On Board AC97 Audio Driver
B/ Software and uPDATE Utility-Microsoft Direct X
-BIOS Flash Ytility for Windows
(did not install
-ITE Hardware Doctor (did not
install
-WarpSpeeder (Over Clock Utility)
-did not install
-IC card reader driver (Optional)
- did not install

Physically inside the box, there is the dialup modem in the pci slot and the
graphic card in AGP slot. Thats all. So where are the questions marks coming
from, anyone can help.......

HAGGIS

"yyuiqeiy" <yyuiqeiy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Juast did a clean installation of w98se with mobo U8668D V.7A.
> There are chips with these labels
> a) VIA,VT9237 0432 cd cHINA 2ia29b0441
> b) ITE IT8705F 0428-GXS NO9HWO.
>
> In the DM, under the
> Display adapters-NVIDIA GeForce FX 5200 Ultra
> Hard Disk Controllers - have VIA Bus Master PCI IDE Controller
>
> After I install all the drivers from the mobo cd, I still see these
> questions marks in DM, under Other Devices
> PCI Card
> PCI Ethernet Controller
>
> I just could not find any drivers from the mobo which has
> A/ drivers-VIA 4 in I Chipset Drivers
> -VIA On Board Lan Driver
> -VIA USB 2.0 Driver
> -C-Media On Board AC97 Audio Driver
> B/ Software and uPDATE Utility-Microsoft Direct X
> -BIOS Flash Ytility for Windows
> (did not install
> -ITE Hardware Doctor (did not
> install
> -WarpSpeeder (Over Clock
> Utility)
> -did not install
> -IC card reader driver
> (Optional)
> - did not install
>
> Physically inside the box, there is the dialup modem in the pci slot and
> the
> graphic card in AGP slot. Thats all. So where are the questions marks
> coming
> from, anyone can help.......

the "PCI card" would be your modem (you will need to identify and install
the drivers, probably not part of the MB drivers))
and the other is a network card (NIC is onboard, you will need the drivers)

drivers found here

http://www.biostar-usa.com/mbdetails.asp?model=u8668+d

Many thanks for the link. Is this the driver that I have to download,

VT6103_37_WIN9XME2KXP.EXE
VIA PCI 10/100 Fast Ethernet adapter driver version 3.7 Please assist , thanks

"Haggis" wrote:

> "yyuiqeiy" <yyuiqeiy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Juast did a clean installation of w98se with mobo U8668D V.7A.
> > There are chips with these labels
> > a) VIA,VT9237 0432 cd cHINA 2ia29b0441
> > b) ITE IT8705F 0428-GXS NO9HWO.
> >
> > In the DM, under the
> > Display adapters-NVIDIA GeForce FX 5200 Ultra
> > Hard Disk Controllers - have VIA Bus Master PCI IDE Controller
> >
> > After I install all the drivers from the mobo cd, I still see these
> > questions marks in DM, under Other Devices
> > PCI Card
> > PCI Ethernet Controller
> >
> > I just could not find any drivers from the mobo which has
> > A/ drivers-VIA 4 in I Chipset Drivers
> > -VIA On Board Lan Driver
> > -VIA USB 2.0 Driver
> > -C-Media On Board AC97 Audio Driver
> > B/ Software and uPDATE Utility-Microsoft Direct X
> > -BIOS Flash Ytility for Windows
> > (did not install
> > -ITE Hardware Doctor (did not
> > install
> > -WarpSpeeder (Over Clock
> > Utility)
> > -did not install
> > -IC card reader driver
> > (Optional)
> > - did not install
> >
> > Physically inside the box, there is the dialup modem in the pci slot and
> > the
> > graphic card in AGP slot. Thats all. So where are the questions marks
> > coming
> > from, anyone can help.......
>
> the "PCI card" would be your modem (you will need to identify and install
> the drivers, probably not part of the MB drivers))
> and the other is a network card (NIC is onboard, you will need the drivers)
>
> drivers found here
>
> http://www.biostar-usa.com/mbdetails.asp?model=u8668+d

Haggies,
Many thanks, I got it fix