New hardware Found problem

Posted in Applications as well but think should have been
here....................

I've re-installed Win98 on a neighbours PC. I've updated it Ok so no
critical, recommended or drivers outstanding (except 34 unwanted language
menu's).

I'm having a couple of problems on boot when new hardware is found

Firstly - Intel Firmware Hub. I can't locate a driver (?) for this on CD
or elsewhere.

The PC is circa 1999; a Packard Bell, model PB9533 (can't find this on their
site), using Intel 810e Chipset - 82810E memory controller, 82801AA I/O
controller and 82810 intregrated graphics controller.

Secondly - PCI card. Other than PCI LAN card there are none. The LAN card
is installed and working fine. There is a modem card in the modem riser slot
which I assume it may be refering too. Device manger doesn't show a modem as
being installed but despite finding modem driver (PC Tel HSP56 MR) this is
not recognised. Ive physically removed both cards from PC but PCI Card
still found ??????. There is nothing in the machine !

Any help greatly appreciated.

"=?Utf-8?B?YmFycm93aGlsbA==?=" <barrowhill@discussions.microsoft.com>
wrote in news:6D79DF20-74A6-4959-BEF2-2307A22F1F94@microsoft.com:

> Secondly - PCI card. Other than PCI LAN card there are none. The LAN
> card is installed and working fine. There is a modem card in the
> modem riser slot which I assume it may be refering too. Device manger
> doesn't show a modem as being installed but despite finding modem
> driver (PC Tel HSP56 MR) this is not recognised. Ive physically
> removed both cards from PC but PCI Card still found ??????. There is
> nothing in the machine !

Try Everest <http://www.lavalys.com/products/overview.php?pid=1&lang=en> to
find out which device it is. An PCI card doesn't need to be in a PCI slot.
It could be an onboard soundcard or some other onboard device.

Ingeborg,

Downloaded and installed. Thanks. It's given me Driver description,
hardware ID and more importantly PCI device - this is an Intel 82801AA I/O
controller Hub - AC'97 Modem. Now I know what it is, How do I correct ??
I've downloaded and installed the latest intel system and graphics drivers.
The I/O controller Hub appears installed (as per Everest). Intel don't seem
to have one for AC97 Modem by itself.

wrote in news:156BF43D-B8EC-4511-9170-4D907B2E0B74@microsoft.com:

> Ingeborg,
>
> Downloaded and installed. Thanks. It's given me Driver description,
> hardware ID and more importantly PCI device - this is an Intel 82801AA
> I/O controller Hub - AC'97 Modem. Now I know what it is, How do I
> correct ?? I've downloaded and installed the latest intel system and
> graphics drivers. The I/O controller Hub appears installed (as per
> Everest). Intel don't seem to have one for AC97 Modem by itself.
>
> "Ingeborg" wrote:
>
>> "=?Utf-8?B?YmFycm93aGlsbA==?=" <barrowhill@discussions.microsoft.com>
>> wrote in news:6D79DF20-74A6-4959-BEF2-2307A22F1F94@microsoft.com:
>>

>> > Secondly - PCI card. Other than PCI LAN card there are none. The
>> > LAN card is installed and working fine. There is a modem card in
>> > the modem riser slot which I assume it may be refering too. Device
>> > manger doesn't show a modem as being installed but despite finding
>> > modem driver (PC Tel HSP56 MR) this is not recognised. Ive
>> > physically removed both cards from PC but PCI Card still found
>> > ??????. There is nothing in the machine !
>>
>> Try Everest
>> <http://www.lavalys.com/products/overview.php?pid=1&lang=en> to find
>> out which device it is. An PCI card doesn't need to be in a PCI slot.
>> It could be an onboard soundcard or some other onboard device.

This one? I think you're not looking for a modem driver, but for a chipset
AMR drivers.

<http://members.driverguide.com/driver/detail.php?driverid=55891>

Ingeborg,

Thanks..........Directed file whilst saying 82801AA AC'97, when opened for
install says...hp brio ba210. Crystal Audio sound driver for Windows 98 and
2000. I'll do some further searches in driverguide. Thanks again

wrote in news:2326EE50-A440-4DB6-BE7A-34E94EEB8A67@microsoft.com:

> Ingeborg,
>
> Thanks..........Directed file whilst saying 82801AA AC'97, when opened
> for install says...hp brio ba210. Crystal Audio sound driver for
> Windows 98 and 2000. I'll do some further searches in driverguide.
> Thanks again

You're welcome.

TRENDING THREADS