Folder Options Problem

As soon as I open "Folder Options", all of my folders change to match the
current folder that i currently have open. This happens even though I have
not clicked on the "Like Current Folder" button or any other button. I would
appreciate any help with this problem.

Thank you,
George from Philly

(1) With all folders closed, try it from "START button, Settings, Folder
Options".

(2) "START button, Settings, Folder Options, General tab". Set to
"Classic style". If all gets better, click "Custom...", & gingerly go
back to how you like it. But stay away from "Enable all Web related
content...".

(3) Undo Active Desktop.
(a) R-Clk the Desktop, point to Active Desktop, & select Customize my
Desktop.
(b) Uncheck "View my Active Desktop as a WEB page" & Apply.
Is there anything in the box under that item? Those are WEB sites
that would appear on the Desktop. Delete them.
(c) At the Effects tab, uncheck "Hide icons when the Desktop is viewed
as a WEB page" & OK.
(d) R-Clk the Desktop, & uncheck "View as WEB page".

(4) "START button, Run, MSInfo32, Tools tab, IE Repair Tool".
E & IE are closely related. However, I'm not sure it does all
that much, and some do report it crashes on their machine, apparently in
an orderly manner. It does produce a rather long "Fix IE Log.txt" in
C:\Windows. If it crashes, a reinstall of IE is indicated.
http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=194177
Description of the Internet Explorer Repair Tool

--
Thanks or Good Luck,
There may be humor in this post, and,