win98 JumpDrive Driver

what do I need to install on a Win98SE system to recognize a JumpDrive?
Thank!
SeaJay

Drivers from the jumpdrive manufacturer. If they have none then you won't
be able to use the drive in Windows 98.

"SeaJay" <cfortune-NoSPAM-@ec.rr.com> wrote in message
> what do I need to install on a Win98SE system to recognize a JumpDrive?
> Thank!
> SeaJay

You need the Win98 driver for the device, from the device manufacturer. If a driver
did not come on a disc with the drive, check at the manufacturer's web site for a
driver download.

Is it actually a JumpDrive by Lexar, or is it a USB flash drive that you are
generically referring to as a JumpDrive?
--
Glen Ventura, MS MVP Shell/User, A+
http://dts-l.org/goodpost.htm

"SeaJay" <cfortune-NoSPAM-@ec.rr.com> wrote in message
> what do I need to install on a Win98SE system to recognize a JumpDrive?
> Thank!
> SeaJay

I figured it out ... I had the JumpDrive Driver (for Lexar JumpDrive) ...
but couldn't figure out how to install it >>> Discovered that I actually had
to go to "Control Panel > Add New Hardware" to install the driver ... all is
well now my Win98SE recognizes the JumpDrive...
Enjoy!
SeaJay

> You need the Win98 driver for the device, from the device manufacturer.
> If a driver
> did not come on a disc with the drive, check at the manufacturer's web
> site for a
> driver download.
>
> Is it actually a JumpDrive by Lexar, or is it a USB flash drive that you
> are
> generically referring to as a JumpDrive?
> --
> Glen Ventura, MS MVP Shell/User, A+
> http://dts-l.org/goodpost.htm
> http://www.microsoft.com/communities/conduct/default.mspx
>
> "SeaJay" <cfortune-NoSPAM-@ec.rr.com> wrote in message
>> what do I need to install on a Win98SE system to recognize a JumpDrive?
>> Thank!
>> SeaJay

Enjoy! ;-)

> I figured it out ... I had the JumpDrive Driver (for Lexar JumpDrive) ...
> but couldn't figure out how to install it >>> Discovered that I actually had
> to go to "Control Panel > Add New Hardware" to install the driver ... all is
> well now my Win98SE recognizes the JumpDrive...
> Enjoy!
> SeaJay

> > You need the Win98 driver for the device, from the device manufacturer.
> > If a driver
> > did not come on a disc with the drive, check at the manufacturer's web
> > site for a
> > driver download.
> >
> > Is it actually a JumpDrive by Lexar, or is it a USB flash drive that you
> > are
> > generically referring to as a JumpDrive?
> > --
> > Glen Ventura, MS MVP Shell/User, A+
> > http://dts-l.org/goodpost.htm
> > http://www.microsoft.com/communities/conduct/default.mspx
> >
> > "SeaJay" <cfortune-NoSPAM-@ec.rr.com> wrote in message
> >> what do I need to install on a Win98SE system to recognize a JumpDrive?
> >> Thank!
> >> SeaJay

Good news!