'window installer' message

For some reasons, when ever I want to install any programmes like NAV etc I
get this message,
"The installer requires Microsoft Window Installer be on your pc. Without
it, you cannot install ........"
Is there anything wrong with my machine although, I am getting strange
wordings (not readable like ancient writings) during some part od the boot up
process. I guess the graphic card may be on the way out, any commentss

Download the latest version here:
http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?displaylang=en&FamilyID=CEBBACD8-C094-4255-B702-DE3BB768148F

or if the link breaks:
http://tinyurl.com/3ha9

For info on the installer:
http://search.microsoft.com/search/results.aspx?st=b&na=88&View=en-US&qu=installer

Do not download ver. 3.0, AFAIK it's for Win2000 multilingual

--

Brian A. Sesko
{ MS MVP_Shell/User }

"yyuiqeiy" <yyuiqeiy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> For some reasons, when ever I want to install any programmes like NAV etc I
> get this message,
> "The installer requires Microsoft Window Installer be on your pc. Without
> it, you cannot install ........"
> Is there anything wrong with my machine although, I am getting strange
> wordings (not readable like ancient writings) during some part od the boot up
> process. I guess the graphic card may be on the way out, any commentss

Brian,
many thanks