vspf_hk.vxd

kah

Have a win98 machine that at boot up get the message that the system.ini is
looking for a file vspf_hk.vxd I push enter and the machine boots. How do I
find out what application this file is for, or how do I stop this message
from appearing at boot.
--
kah

kah

I can boot via step-by-step and choose not to boot that driver, but when I
reboot normally I still receive the error
--
kah

"kah" <kah@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

> Have a win98 machine that at boot up get the message that the system.ini
is
> looking for a file vspf_hk.vxd I push enter and the machine boots. How
do I
> find out what application this file is for, or how do I stop this message
> from appearing at boot.

VXD files are usually called by SYSTEM.INI
to set up scanners or other "devices." If you
cannot locate file vspf_hk.vxd on your C: and
do not know what it is, you can edit SYSTEM.INI
to remove the file call (by typing semicolon ; and a
space at the leftmost end of whatever line refers
to vspf_hk.vxd

--
Don Phillipson
Carlsbad Springs

kah

I have already looked at the system.ini by going using the sysedit command,
but I see nothing related to this file at all.
--
kah

"Don Phillipson" wrote:

> "kah" <kah@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>
> > Have a win98 machine that at boot up get the message that the system.ini
> is
> > looking for a file vspf_hk.vxd I push enter and the machine boots. How
> do I
> > find out what application this file is for, or how do I stop this message
> > from appearing at boot.
>
> VXD files are usually called by SYSTEM.INI
> to set up scanners or other "devices." If you
> cannot locate file vspf_hk.vxd on your C: and
> do not know what it is, you can edit SYSTEM.INI
> to remove the file call (by typing semicolon ; and a
> space at the leftmost end of whatever line refers
> to vspf_hk.vxd
>
> --
> Don Phillipson
> Carlsbad Springs
> (Ottawa, Canada)

Try using "Step by step confirmation"(tap the F8 key during bootup).

Ben

"kah" <kah@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:E410E835-CCEA-484D-A2C4-E7D6A6ED8104@microsoft.com...
> Have a win98 machine that at boot up get the message that the system.ini is
> looking for a file vspf_hk.vxd I push enter and the machine boots. How do I
> find out what application this file is for, or how do I stop this message
> from appearing at boot.
> --
> kah

The idea behind "Step by step confirmation" is to take note of the process
executed immediately before the error and using this information to
diagnose the problem. If the error is occurring when the Windows
registry is being loaded, start regedit, expand the following key, press
"Ctrl-F" and search it for "vspf_hk.vxd". If you find it, right-click
"StaticVxD" in the right window, select "Delete" and confirm the deletion.

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\System\CurrentControlSet\Services\VxD

Ben

"kah" <kah@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:3AAAEF54-22B2-42EF-97C4-1F026A8D981B@microsoft.com...
> I can boot via step-by-step and choose not to boot that driver, but when I
> reboot normally I still receive the error
> --
> kah
>

> "kah" wrote:
>
> > Have a win98 machine that at boot up get the message that the system.ini is
> > looking for a file vspf_hk.vxd I push enter and the machine boots. How do I
> > find out what application this file is for, or how do I stop this message
> > from appearing at boot.
> > --
> > kah

kah

Thank you..key found...deleted...and problem fixed
--
kah