USB SIP Phone- Help

I'm looking for a USB phone with SIP, that does NOT need any software
for a computer to download, .ie...I can walk up to any broadband
computer plug in the phone and get dial tone.

I see that there are Wi-fi phones out that allows you to connect like
this today, but they seem to skip over the USB version.

Does anyone know of any phones ?
6 answers Last reply
More about phone help

    On 11 Oct 2004 13:59:31 -0700, Andeas wrote:

    > I'm looking for a USB phone with SIP, that does NOT need any software
    > for a computer to download, .ie...I can walk up to any broadband
    > computer plug in the phone and get dial tone.
    >
    > I see that there are Wi-fi phones out that allows you to connect like
    > this today, but they seem to skip over the USB version.
    >
    > Does anyone know of any phones ?

    vzxcvxz

    On 11 Oct 2004 13:59:31 -0700, Andeas wrote:

    > I'm looking for a USB phone with SIP, that does NOT need any software
    > for a computer to download, .ie...I can walk up to any broadband
    > computer plug in the phone and get dial tone.
    >
    > I see that there are Wi-fi phones out that allows you to connect like
    > this today, but they seem to skip over the USB version.
    >
    > Does anyone know of any phones ?

    xcvzxcvzxcv cdfgsdaf sdafsadfas sdafasd

    Lukasz wrote:

    > On 11 Oct 2004 13:59:31 -0700, Andeas wrote:
    >
    >> I'm looking for a USB phone with SIP, that does NOT need any software
    >> for a computer to download, .ie...I can walk up to any broadband
    >> computer plug in the phone and get dial tone.
    >>
    >> I see that there are Wi-fi phones out that allows you to connect like
    >> this today, but they seem to skip over the USB version.
    >>
    >> Does anyone know of any phones ?
    >
    > xcvzxcvzxcv cdfgsdaf sdafsadfas sdafasd

    Cat walking on the keyboard?

    --
    --John
    (was jclarke at eye bee em dot net)

    Well they would have to get someone to merge some USB tcp technology
    into a sip phone... You don't see much usb network innovation. I rember
    the transfer files from one computer to anouther with the usb cable and
    this pricy unit .. but it was not worth the monies compared to a
    craossover cable.

    Maybe there are some chip manufactors out there innovating some R&D into
    this market.. but untell they got something mass produced on the market
    its not gong to be a cheep usb ip phone.

    I got my monies being saved when the Cell phone companies add a few Sip
    lines with WiFi and that becomes main stream. that my friend is gunna
    be dam cool. Maybe give the cellphone a etherconnection also.. make it
    a muilti data communicating device..

    The future has so many possibilities..

    Andeas wrote:
    > I'm looking for a USB phone with SIP, that does NOT need any software
    > for a computer to download, .ie...I can walk up to any broadband
    > computer plug in the phone and get dial tone.
    >
    > I see that there are Wi-fi phones out that allows you to connect like
    > this today, but they seem to skip over the USB version.
    >
    > Does anyone know of any phones ?
  6. Archived from groups: comp.dcom.voice-over-ip (More info?)

    m:
    >I got my monies being saved when the Cell phone companies add a few Sip
    >lines with WiFi and that becomes main stream.

    You can do that now with a wifi equipped PDA running pocket Windows &
    software, Skype too.
    Fine if you already have PDA, too expensive if you just want wifi phone :-(
    Regards,
    Martin

VPN Phones USB Networking