USB SIP Phone- Help

Last response: in Networking
October 11, 2004 5:59:31 PM

I'm looking for a USB phone with SIP, that does NOT need any software
for a computer to download, .ie...I can walk up to any broadband
computer plug in the phone and get dial tone.

I see that there are Wi-fi phones out that allows you to connect like
this today, but they seem to skip over the USB version.

Does anyone know of any phones ?

More about : usb sip phone

Anonymous
October 13, 2004 1:30:33 AM

On 11 Oct 2004 13:59:31 -0700, Andeas wrote:

> I'm looking for a USB phone with SIP, that does NOT need any software
> for a computer to download, .ie...I can walk up to any broadband
> computer plug in the phone and get dial tone.
>
> I see that there are Wi-fi phones out that allows you to connect like
> this today, but they seem to skip over the USB version.
>
> Does anyone know of any phones ?

vzxcvxz
Anonymous
October 13, 2004 1:31:46 AM

On 11 Oct 2004 13:59:31 -0700, Andeas wrote:

> I'm looking for a USB phone with SIP, that does NOT need any software
> for a computer to download, .ie...I can walk up to any broadband
> computer plug in the phone and get dial tone.
>
> I see that there are Wi-fi phones out that allows you to connect like
> this today, but they seem to skip over the USB version.
>
> Does anyone know of any phones ?

xcvzxcvzxcv cdfgsdaf sdafsadfas sdafasd
Related resources
October 13, 2004 1:35:13 AM

On 11 Oct 2004 13:59:31 -0700, Andeas wrote:

> just wanna tell that...
Anonymous
October 13, 2004 12:17:38 PM

Lukasz wrote:

> On 11 Oct 2004 13:59:31 -0700, Andeas wrote:
>
>> I'm looking for a USB phone with SIP, that does NOT need any software
>> for a computer to download, .ie...I can walk up to any broadband
>> computer plug in the phone and get dial tone.
>>
>> I see that there are Wi-fi phones out that allows you to connect like
>> this today, but they seem to skip over the USB version.
>>
>> Does anyone know of any phones ?
>
> xcvzxcvzxcv cdfgsdaf sdafsadfas sdafasd

Cat walking on the keyboard?

--
--John
(was jclarke at eye bee em dot net)

Well they would have to get someone to merge some USB tcp technology
into a sip phone... You don't see much usb network innovation. I rember
the transfer files from one computer to anouther with the usb cable and
this pricy unit .. but it was not worth the monies compared to a
craossover cable.

Maybe there are some chip manufactors out there innovating some R&D into
this market.. but untell they got something mass produced on the market
its not gong to be a cheep usb ip phone.

I got my monies being saved when the Cell phone companies add a few Sip
lines with WiFi and that becomes main stream. that my friend is gunna
be dam cool. Maybe give the cellphone a etherconnection also.. make it
a muilti data communicating device..

The future has so many possibilities..

Andeas wrote:
> I'm looking for a USB phone with SIP, that does NOT need any software
> for a computer to download, .ie...I can walk up to any broadband
> computer plug in the phone and get dial tone.
>
> I see that there are Wi-fi phones out that allows you to connect like
> this today, but they seem to skip over the USB version.
>
> Does anyone know of any phones ?
Anonymous
January 8, 2005 5:22:32 AM

m:
>I got my monies being saved when the Cell phone companies add a few Sip
>lines with WiFi and that becomes main stream.

You can do that now with a wifi equipped PDA running pocket Windows &
software, Skype too.
Fine if you already have PDA, too expensive if you just want wifi phone :-(
Regards,
Martin
!