Lost systray in startup

dt

Distinguished
Aug 10, 2004

Hello.
My sis seems to have lost systray.exe and hidserv.exe in her msconfig
startup items list. I know how to run systray from the run command, but this
doesn't bring it back in the list.

Would someone explain how I get these two items back to the startup list in
msconfig?
Thanks for any assistance,
--
DT

"DT" <uptildawn@address.com> wrote in message news:1D2F0B95-326D-497A-B7C1-D0722FC8048E@microsoft.com...
> Hello.
> My sis seems to have lost systray.exe and hidserv.exe in her msconfig
> startup items list. I know how to run systray from the run command, but this
> doesn't bring it back in the list.
>
> Would someone explain how I get these two items back to the startup list in
> msconfig?

Those programs are run from the registry.

Open notepad and copy/paste all of the below text. Save as "FIX.REG". Right
click the saved file and select "Merge". Restart Windows.

REGEDIT4

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run]
"SystemTray"="SysTray.Exe"

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\RunServices]
"Hidserv"="Hidserv.exe run"

;END REGEDIT4

dt

Distinguished
Aug 10, 2004

Thank you kind sir!
I knew it couldn't be too tough, but had no idea what to do. I tested it on
one of my own computers just to be sure, and VIOLA! My sister will be
thrilled!

You are a savior.

DT