i960 dead after a few months

Last response: in Computer Peripherals
February 11, 2005 5:02:27 PM

i960 Canon Printer that I purchased a few months ago no longer powers
up. I called Canon Canada and they gave me some spiel that if I
purchase a computer in the United States or vice versa I would have to
go to that country for service. Worse yet I lost my receipt and Canon
USA won't honor it.

Is it worth replacing at this point? Only used it a few times. Is
this something that I can repair myself? Are fuses available?

More about : i960 dead months

Anonymous
February 11, 2005 6:04:14 PM

I've replaced the usb cord and tried with a different wall outlet with
no luck.
Anonymous
February 11, 2005 8:08:13 PM

Problem with returning it to the store is that its in Texas a few
thousand miles away.
February 11, 2005 8:19:03 PM

On 11 Feb 2005 14:02:27 -0800, pstaffieri@yahoo.com wrote:

>i960 Canon Printer that I purchased a few months ago no longer powers
>up. I called Canon Canada and they gave me some spiel that if I
>purchase a computer in the United States or vice versa I would have to
>go to that country for service. Worse yet I lost my receipt and Canon
>USA won't honor it.
>
>Is it worth replacing at this point? Only used it a few times. Is
>this something that I can repair myself? Are fuses available?

Double check your power source, chord, etc.. It may be something very
simple. As far as repairing yourself, no one can truely answer that
with limited information.
Anonymous
February 11, 2005 10:31:22 PM

pstaffieri@yahoo.com wrote:
> i960 Canon Printer that I purchased a few months ago no longer powers
> up. I called Canon Canada and they gave me some spiel that if I
> purchase a computer in the United States or vice versa I would have to
> go to that country for service. Worse yet I lost my receipt and Canon
> USA won't honor it.

I believe they meant "free warranty service". You can still get service
here in Canada, but you will have to pay for it yourself.

> Is it worth replacing at this point? Only used it a few times. Is
> this something that I can repair myself? Are fuses available?

I have some electrical devices that have to have the plug removed
and reinserted. Fortunately, not on my computer system.

-Taliesyn
Anonymous
February 12, 2005 3:42:18 AM

Return it to the store that you bought it from. If they no longer have
that model ask if you can change it for an IP4000?

pstaffieri@yahoo.com wrote:

>i960 Canon Printer that I purchased a few months ago no longer powers
>up. I called Canon Canada and they gave me some spiel that if I
>purchase a computer in the United States or vice versa I would have to
>go to that country for service. Worse yet I lost my receipt and Canon
>USA won't honor it.
>
>Is it worth replacing at this point? Only used it a few times. Is
>this something that I can repair myself? Are fuses available?

Anonymous
February 15, 2005 8:44:25 PM

Call Canon USA again (if that is where it was purchased).
Explain you purchased in past year and can not find receipt.
Ask for supervisor or senior tech if you have to, but if you are still in
warranty push a little

..

!