configure SPA-3000 to dial without answering?

I'm loaning my SPA-2000 and SPA-3000 to a friend who wants
to have his office line available to him at home. I thought
it would be a good experiment because I'd like to do similar
things eventually.

I have learned quite a bit about the SPA configurations but
I'm stumped by a detail.

The PSTN line of the SPA-3000 is configured to use a
dialplan of ":1234" to contact my Asterisk server. This is
the corresponding entry in extensions.conf.
exten => 1234,1,Dial(SIP/officephone)
(I'm just making it ring the office phone when the office
line is called for now.)

The problem is that as soon as the call appears on the PSTN,
the SPA-3000 goes off-hook and passes the call to Asterisk.
(I'm not sure of the order.) I don't want it to go off-hook
unless the call is answered.

I suspect that there's a special dialplan or dial command
option for this but I'm not seeing it in the Sipura User
Guide or in Asterisk's dial command. I would expect many
installations to want this functionality (and I've done it
without the SPA-3000) but I'm not finding references to it.

Any pointers?

Thank you.

--kyler
2 answers Last reply
More about configure 3000 dial answering

    Yes it is possible, needs a 'trick' but nothing too terrible I think. I
    have a feeling that a lot of folks want this functionality, so I'm hoping
    Sipura will address it directly at some point. In the meantime follow this
    link:

    http://voxilla.com/forum-viewtopic-t-1335.html

    -Tom

    -------------------------------------

    http://www.cabling-design.com/forums

    tcronan_at_optonline_dot_net@foo.com (tomc) writes:

    >Yes it is possible, needs a 'trick' but nothing too terrible I think. I
    >have a feeling that a lot of folks want this functionality, so I'm hoping
    >Sipura will address it directly at some point. In the meantime follow this
    >link:

    >http://voxilla.com/forum-viewtopic-t-1335.html

    Ah! That *is* terrible (because it shouldn't be required) but it's wonderful
    that someone figured out an end-run around Sipura. (Why does Sipura work so
    hard at making good hardware difficult to use?)

    Thank you for passing along the info!

    Now I have to rethink my recent advice not to buy SPA-3000s...

    --kyler

VPN Configuration Networking