Lost Complete Folder.

Rodney

Well, finally it had to happen,
After 15 years of near faultless computing :)
I have suddenly lost a complete Folder!

C:/! My Racing which held about 300Mb
of current files.

Is there anything I can do to find the data?

Possible Clue? I had an external drive active,
and turned off the computer with this still active without
turning off the External Hard Drive.

Any Idea how an entire folder can go missing?

Thanks

--
rodney@touch88gum.com.au
(Remove gum to reply)

Rodney

(with embarrassed countenance)
sorry, found it.
Somehow, God knows how, it was moved
inside my Adobe Folder.

| Well, finally it had to happen,
| After 15 years of near faultless computing :)
| I have suddenly lost a complete Folder!
|
| C:/! My Racing which held about 300Mb
| of current files.
|
| Is there anything I can do to find the data?
|
| Possible Clue? I had an external drive active,
| and turned off the computer with this still active without
| turning off the External Hard Drive.
|
| Any Idea how an entire folder can go missing?
|
| Thanks
|

| --
| rodney@touch88gum.com.au
| (Remove gum to reply)

Is your Adobe folder at C:\Adobe, or is it in C:\Program Files?
--
Glen Ventura, MS MVP Shell/User, A+
http://dts-l.org/goodpost.htm

"Rodney" <rodney@touch88gum.com.au> wrote in message
> (with embarrassed countenance)
> sorry, found it.
> Somehow, God knows how, it was moved
> inside my Adobe Folder.
>

> | Well, finally it had to happen,
> | After 15 years of near faultless computing :)
> | I have suddenly lost a complete Folder!
> |
> | C:/! My Racing which held about 300Mb
> | of current files.
> |
> | Is there anything I can do to find the data?
> |
> | Possible Clue? I had an external drive active,
> | and turned off the computer with this still active without
> | turning off the External Hard Drive.
> |
> | Any Idea how an entire folder can go missing?
> |
> | Thanks
> |

> | --
> | rodney@touch88gum.com.au
> | (Remove gum to reply)

Whitey

> (with embarrassed countenance)
> sorry, found it.
> Somehow, God knows how, it was moved
> inside my Adobe Folder.

so why didnt you just ask God in the first place
if you state 'he knew how'?
are you publickly thanking him via your post, or
just posting.

Whitey

Rodney

G'day Glen,
my adobe folder was/is at C:\Adobe.
Thanks for your interest, please post if it "should" be elsewhere.
Best Regards.
Rodney.

| Is your Adobe folder at C:\Adobe, or is it in C:\Program Files?
| --
| Glen Ventura, MS MVP Shell/User, A+
| http://dts-l.org/goodpost.htm
|

| "Rodney" <rodney@touch88gum.com.au> wrote in message
| > (with embarrassed countenance)
| > sorry, found it.
| > Somehow, God knows how, it was moved
| > inside my Adobe Folder.
| >

| > | Well, finally it had to happen,
| > | After 15 years of near faultless computing :)
| > | I have suddenly lost a complete Folder!
| > |
| > | C:/! My Racing which held about 300Mb
| > | of current files.
| > |
| > | Is there anything I can do to find the data?
| > |
| > | Possible Clue? I had an external drive active,
| > | and turned off the computer with this still active without
| > | turning off the External Hard Drive.
| > |
| > | Any Idea how an entire folder can go missing?
| > |
| > | Thanks
| > |
| > |
| > |
| > |
| > | --
| > | rodney@touch88gum.com.au
| > | (Remove gum to reply)
| > |
| > |
| > |
| > |

Well, no.....older versions of Adobe Acrobat Reader (and I presume also other Adobe
products) installed to C:\Adobe by default, while more recent versions install to
C:\Program Files\Adobe. It matters not (though it makes me think you are using a
pretty old version).

My reason for asking is that if it is at C:\Adobe, that folder would probably have
been right below the "C:\! My Racing" folder (if the folder really does have the !
at the beginning). That would explain how you could have accidentally
dragged/dropped the Adobe folder into that folder. One way to prevent this from
happening is to install TweakUI, then go to its Mouse tab and set the mouse drag
sensitivity up to about 6. Then items won't begin to drag/drop until you have moved
them at least 6 pixels. Some third-party mouse software may have its own drag
sensitivity settings in their mouse control panel. The native Windows mouse control
panel only has a double-click sensitivity adjustment.

TweakUI 1.33:
http://www.microsoft.com/ntworkstation/downloads/powertoys/networking/nttweakui.asp
--

> G'day Glen,
> my adobe folder was/is at C:\Adobe.
> Thanks for your interest, please post if it "should" be elsewhere.
> Best Regards.
> Rodney.
>

> | Is your Adobe folder at C:\Adobe, or is it in C:\Program Files?
> | --
> | Glen Ventura, MS MVP Shell/User, A+
> | http://dts-l.org/goodpost.htm
> |

> | "Rodney" <rodney@touch88gum.com.au> wrote in message
> | > (with embarrassed countenance)
> | > sorry, found it.
> | > Somehow, God knows how, it was moved
> | > inside my Adobe Folder.

> | > |
> | > |
> | > |
> | > |
> | > |
> | > |
> | > |
> | > |
> | > |
> | > |
> | > |
> | > |
> | > |

Rodney

God is a male?

| so why didnt you just ask God in the first place
| if you state 'he knew how'?
| are you publickly thanking him via your post, or
| just posting.
|
| Whitey

I think Whitey might be Jane. Jane's mad at win98.gen_discussion
because nobody wants to discuss her religious issues..

"Rodney" <rodney@touch88gum.com.au> wrote in message news:OJntD6WZFHA.2076@TK2MSFTNGP15.phx.gbl...

> God is a male?
>
> | so why didnt you just ask God in the first place
> | if you state 'he knew how'?
> | are you publickly thanking him via your post, or
> | just posting.
> |
> | Whitey

Apparently God is male and Goddess is female, at least as far as syntax is concerned
(yes, they even tax sin now!)

....glen

"Rodney" <rodney@touch88gum.com.au> wrote in message

> God is a male?
>
> | so why didnt you just ask God in the first place
> | if you state 'he knew how'?
> | are you publickly thanking him via your post, or
> | just posting.
> |
> | Whitey

Rodney

Thanks Glen,
Yes, I do use the "!" to get important Folders to the top. :)

I will not act upon your advice, assuming it to be a rare aberration,
however, I have put your post in my "Rescue disk" for further notice, a folder
I write to CDRom on occasions for sundry necessary info.
A big thank you.

I should have put "Agent Ransack" to work immediately
to search for files I knew, but I did what any good challenged
computer user does. I panicked.

I have installed fresh underpants, and will resume computing
with renewed fervour.

"glee" <glee29@spamindspring.com> wrote in message news:Om#oWqXZFHA.3060@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl...
| Well, no.....older versions of Adobe Acrobat Reader (and I presume also other Adobe
| products) installed to C:\Adobe by default, while more recent versions install to
| C:\Program Files\Adobe. It matters not (though it makes me think you are using a
| pretty old version).
|
| My reason for asking is that if it is at C:\Adobe, that folder would probably have
| been right below the "C:\! My Racing" folder (if the folder really does have the !
| at the beginning). That would explain how you could have accidentally
| dragged/dropped the Adobe folder into that folder. One way to prevent this from
| happening is to install TweakUI, then go to its Mouse tab and set the mouse drag
| sensitivity up to about 6. Then items won't begin to drag/drop until you have moved
| them at least 6 pixels. Some third-party mouse software may have its own drag
| sensitivity settings in their mouse control panel. The native Windows mouse control
| panel only has a double-click sensitivity adjustment.
|
| TweakUI 1.33:
| http://www.microsoft.com/ntworkstation/downloads/powertoys/networking/nttweakui.asp
| --
| Glen Ventura, MS MVP Shell/User, A+
| http://dts-l.org/goodpost.htm
| http://www.microsoft.com/communities/conduct/default.mspx
|

| "Rodney" <rodney@touch88gum.com.au> wrote in message
| > G'day Glen,
| > my adobe folder was/is at C:\Adobe.
| > Thanks for your interest, please post if it "should" be elsewhere.
| > Best Regards.
| > Rodney.
| >

| > | Is your Adobe folder at C:\Adobe, or is it in C:\Program Files?
| > | --
| > | Glen Ventura, MS MVP Shell/User, A+
| > | http://dts-l.org/goodpost.htm
| > |
| > |
| > | "Rodney" <rodney@touch88gum.com.au> wrote in message

| > | > |
| > | > |
| > | > |
| > | > |
| > | > |
| > | > |
| > | > |
| > | > |
| > | > |
| > | > |
| > | > |
| > | > |
| > | > |

| > |

Rodney

Thanks Bill,
yes, good point.
now I recall, I have skipped over her posts before.

| I think Whitey might be Jane. Jane's mad at win98.gen_discussion
| because nobody wants to discuss her religious issues..
|

| "Rodney" <rodney@touch88gum.com.au> wrote in message news:OJntD6WZFHA.2076@TK2MSFTNGP15.phx.gbl...
| >
| > God is a male?
| >
| > | so why didnt you just ask God in the first place
| > | if you state 'he knew how'?
| > | are you publickly thanking him via your post, or
| > | just posting.
| > |
| > | Whitey
| > |