saving pictures with jpeg vs bmp

September 13, 2004 7:41:43 PM

Earlier in the year someone posted the problem of not being able to save
images in the jpeg formate. About a week ago my pc (with xp pro) began to
have the same problem. I'm trying to download some photos of WWII pictures.
The files are labled planename.jpg . When I click on the thumbnail (or open
link in new window) I get the enlarged image in a separate IE window. When I
click on the image to "save picture as" I get a save window with the
"untitled" showing and the only selection "Bitmap".

A week ago the drop down selection listed several options including jpeg ...

Can someone help.

Bob S
Anonymous
September 13, 2004 8:06:38 PM

Clear the Temporary Internet Files. In IE>Tools>Internet Options>
Delete Files button. And check the box to Delete Offline content.
--
Bruce Hagen
~IB-CA~

"Bob" <news@direcway.com> wrote in message
news:o IXEGLemEHA.1644@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl...
> Earlier in the year someone posted the problem of not being able to
> save
> images in the jpeg formate. About a week ago my pc (with xp pro)
> began to
> have the same problem. I'm trying to download some photos of WWII
> pictures.
> The files are labled planename.jpg . When I click on the thumbnail
> (or open
> link in new window) I get the enlarged image in a separate IE
> window. When I
> click on the image to "save picture as" I get a save window with
> the
> "untitled" showing and the only selection "Bitmap".
>
> A week ago the drop down selection listed several options including
> jpeg ...
>
> Can someone help.
>
> Bob S

September 13, 2004 10:09:00 PM

Bruce,
Thanks. I'll be sure to file the answer away, just in case I forget the
process. It did the trick.

Bob

"Bruce Hagen" <Nospam@mymail.invalid> wrote in message
> Clear the Temporary Internet Files. In IE>Tools>Internet Options>
> Delete Files button. And check the box to Delete Offline content.
> --
> Bruce Hagen
> ~IB-CA~
>

> "Bob" <news@direcway.com> wrote in message
> news:o IXEGLemEHA.1644@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl...
> > Earlier in the year someone posted the problem of not being able to
> > save
> > images in the jpeg formate. About a week ago my pc (with xp pro)
> > began to
> > have the same problem. I'm trying to download some photos of WWII
> > pictures.
> > The files are labled planename.jpg . When I click on the thumbnail
> > (or open
> > link in new window) I get the enlarged image in a separate IE
> > window. When I
> > click on the image to "save picture as" I get a save window with
> > the
> > "untitled" showing and the only selection "Bitmap".
> >
> > A week ago the drop down selection listed several options including
> > jpeg ...
> >
> > Can someone help.
> >
> > Bob S

Anonymous
September 13, 2004 10:12:41 PM

You're welcome, Bob. It should be done on a regular basis anyway.
Just as you would Defrag every so often.
--

news:o xJrbdfmEHA.1908@TK2MSFTNGP14.phx.gbl...

!