saving pictures with jpeg vs bmp

Earlier in the year someone posted the problem of not being able to save
images in the jpeg formate. About a week ago my pc (with xp pro) began to
have the same problem. I'm trying to download some photos of WWII pictures.
The files are labled planename.jpg . When I click on the thumbnail (or open
link in new window) I get the enlarged image in a separate IE window. When I
click on the image to "save picture as" I get a save window with the
"untitled" showing and the only selection "Bitmap".

A week ago the drop down selection listed several options including jpeg ...

Can someone help.

Bob S
3 answers Last reply
More about saving pictures jpeg

    Clear the Temporary Internet Files. In IE>Tools>Internet Options>
    Delete Files button. And check the box to Delete Offline content.
    --
    Bruce Hagen
    ~IB-CA~

    "Bob" <news@direcway.com> wrote in message
    > Earlier in the year someone posted the problem of not being able to
    > save
    > images in the jpeg formate. About a week ago my pc (with xp pro)
    > began to
    > have the same problem. I'm trying to download some photos of WWII
    > pictures.
    > The files are labled planename.jpg . When I click on the thumbnail
    > (or open
    > link in new window) I get the enlarged image in a separate IE
    > window. When I
    > click on the image to "save picture as" I get a save window with
    > the
    > "untitled" showing and the only selection "Bitmap".
    >
    > A week ago the drop down selection listed several options including
    > jpeg ...
    >
    > Can someone help.
    >
    > Bob S

    Bruce,
    Thanks. I'll be sure to file the answer away, just in case I forget the
    process. It did the trick.

    Bob

    "Bruce Hagen" <Nospam@mymail.invalid> wrote in message
    > Clear the Temporary Internet Files. In IE>Tools>Internet Options>
    > Delete Files button. And check the box to Delete Offline content.
    > --
    > Bruce Hagen
    > ~IB-CA~
    >

    > "Bob" <news@direcway.com> wrote in message
    > > Earlier in the year someone posted the problem of not being able to
    > > save
    > > images in the jpeg formate. About a week ago my pc (with xp pro)
    > > began to
    > > have the same problem. I'm trying to download some photos of WWII
    > > pictures.
    > > The files are labled planename.jpg . When I click on the thumbnail
    > > (or open
    > > link in new window) I get the enlarged image in a separate IE
    > > window. When I
    > > click on the image to "save picture as" I get a save window with
    > > the
    > > "untitled" showing and the only selection "Bitmap".
    > >
    > > A week ago the drop down selection listed several options including
    > > jpeg ...
    > >
    > > Can someone help.
    > >
    > > Bob S

    You're welcome, Bob. It should be done on a regular basis anyway.
    Just as you would Defrag every so often.
    --

    > Bruce,
    > Thanks. I'll be sure to file the answer away, just in case I forget
    > the
    > process. It did the trick.
    >
    > Bob
    >

    > "Bruce Hagen" <Nospam@mymail.invalid> wrote in message
    >> Clear the Temporary Internet Files. In IE>Tools>Internet Options>
    >> Delete Files button. And check the box to Delete Offline content.
    >> --
    >> Bruce Hagen
    >> ~IB-CA~
    >>

    >> "Bob" <news@direcway.com> wrote in message
    >> > Earlier in the year someone posted the problem of not being able
    >> > save
    >> > images in the jpeg formate. About a week ago my pc (with xp pro)
    >> > began to
    >> > have the same problem. I'm trying to download some photos of
    >> > WWII
    >> > pictures.
    >> > The files are labled planename.jpg . When I click on the
    >> > thumbnail
    >> > (or open
    >> > link in new window) I get the enlarged image in a separate IE
    >> > window. When I
    >> > click on the image to "save picture as" I get a save window
    >> > with
    >> > the
    >> > "untitled" showing and the only selection "Bitmap".
    >> >
    >> > A week ago the drop down selection listed several options
    >> > including
    >> > jpeg ...
    >> >
    >> > Can someone help.
    >> >
    >> > Bob S