Windows 95 to Windows 98 Modem Problem

I just installed Windows 98 on a Packard Bell Legend 3570 System. ( It came
with Windows 95. ) Now, however, Windows will not detect the modem and when I
try to have the computer detect a modem, the computer stalls. Does anyone
know drivers for this modem. It is a Diamond Multimedia modem, and i think
the drivers are by Calcom, but I dont know anytthing else?

I suggest you try asking here:
http://groups-beta.google.com/group/alt.sys.pc-clone.packardbell?hl=en
--
Glen Ventura, MS MVP Shell/User, A+
http://dts-l.org/goodpost.htm

"MattL" <MattL@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I just installed Windows 98 on a Packard Bell Legend 3570 System. ( It came
> with Windows 95. ) Now, however, Windows will not detect the modem and when I
> try to have the computer detect a modem, the computer stalls. Does anyone
> know drivers for this modem. It is a Diamond Multimedia modem, and i think
> the drivers are by Calcom, but I dont know anytthing else?

On Mon, 30 May 2005 19:28:03 -0700, "MattL"
<MattL@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>I just installed Windows 98 on a Packard Bell Legend 3570 System. ( It came
>with Windows 95. ) Now, however, Windows will not detect the modem and when I
>try to have the computer detect a modem, the computer stalls. Does anyone
>know drivers for this modem. It is a Diamond Multimedia modem, and i think
>the drivers are by Calcom, but I dont know anytthing else?

Try here:
DIAMOND MULTIMEDIA
http://www.diamondmm.com/newarchive.php

Regards,

Bill Watt
Computer Help and Information http://home.ptd.net/~bwatt/

On Tue, 31 May 2005 00:33:20 -0400, Bill Watt <nobwatt@ptd.net>
wrote:

>On Mon, 30 May 2005 19:28:03 -0700, "MattL"
><MattL@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
>
>>I just installed Windows 98 on a Packard Bell Legend 3570 System. ( It came
>>with Windows 95. ) Now, however, Windows will not detect the modem and when I
>>try to have the computer detect a modem, the computer stalls. Does anyone
>>know drivers for this modem. It is a Diamond Multimedia modem, and i think
>>the drivers are by Calcom, but I dont know anytthing else?
>>

>Try here:
>DIAMOND MULTIMEDIA
>http://www.diamondmm.com/newarchive.php

That's for Diamond Modems purchased before 9/1/2003 I believe.
Try here and choose the section for Diamond modems purchased before
or after 9/1/2003 depending on when yours was purchased.
http://www.diamondmm.com/support.php