Email with attachment

October 28, 2004 1:47:27 PM

Can HP Ipaq RX3417 wireless ppc send Yahoo email or webmails with
"attachments"?
I could send emails using this ppc but could not do it with attachments. Any
helps. Thanks.

--
Paul

More about : email attachment

October 29, 2004 12:07:02 AM

it is the inability of websites like yahoo... they cant work perefctly fine
with the PIE on the PPC. The attachment page does not load properly...

"Paul" wrote:

> Can HP Ipaq RX3417 wireless ppc send Yahoo email or webmails with
> "attachments"?
> I could send emails using this ppc but could not do it with attachments. Any
> helps. Thanks.
>

> --
> Paul

Anonymous
October 29, 2004 4:48:55 PM

It's PIE that has the inabilities. it functions more like IE 4.x on
old desktop pc's and by far not like the 6.x IE on current desktops.
It lacks full Javascript support, has no Java JVM, no popup or new
window support, limited html form capabilities, etc.
For better support of websites such as Yahoo!, you could try Netfront.

~S.

--
======================
ACE!!! a.k.a. ~S.

I read from a magazine the other day.
Telling us if we want to see webmail perfectly well in ppc, we can change
the Registry from version MSIE4.01 to MSIE 6.0
Platform from Window CE to Windows NT 5.0. Etc.
Download http://www.phm.lu/products/pocketpc/regedit/ for help.
I don't know what is that and how to do it. So I asked.
What is Netfront?
Is it a website explorer? Free?

"ACE!!!" <ace_rules_bbs@hotmail.com> ¼¶¼g©ó¶l¥ó·s»D:Xns9591DDEA3D874FearIsTheMindKiller@207.46.248.16...
> It's PIE that has the inabilities. it functions more like IE 4.x on
> old desktop pc's and by far not like the 6.x IE on current desktops.
> It lacks full Javascript support, has no Java JVM, no popup or new
> window support, limited html form capabilities, etc.
> For better support of websites such as Yahoo!, you could try Netfront.
>

> ~S.
>

> "=?Utf-8?B?SWxsdW1pbmF0aQ==?=" <Illuminati@discussions.microsoft.com>
> wrote in news:0968A87E-72FC-42E9-B11C-5DCC4F43E41D@microsoft.com:
>
>> it is the inability of websites like yahoo... they cant work perefctly
>> fine with the PIE on the PPC. The attachment page does not load
>> properly..
>

> --
> ======================
> ACE!!! a.k.a. ~S.
> OS. Osaris / Psion 5mx
> iPAQ 5550 / Nokia 6310
> HTTP://www.xarane.com
> ======================
> Windows Mobile 2003 Second Edition Petition:
> http://www.petitiononline.com/HPWMK3SE/petition.html
> 13033 Total Signatures on Friday, Oct. 29th 2004!
> HP 'Windows Mobile 2003 SE Support' Forum:
> http://forums.itrc.hp.com/service/forums/questionanswer...
Anonymous
October 31, 2004 2:09:57 PM

Yes Netfront is a browser. Have a look here for it:
http://www.pocketgear.com/software_detail.asp?id=12427
Unfortunately it's not free. perhaps you want to watch out for
Opera's new webbrowser when they release it for PPC.

As for editing the registry.. i've not done this myself so I can't
help you with it. All this trick does is change the identity that
PIE sends to webpages, if you change it to IE 6.x through the
registry PIE will be able to access some secure sites, but when
those sites also require more advanced functions such as heavy
javascript/java applets, PIE will still fail.

~S.

"Paul" <sunfai02(sunfai)@yahoo.com> wrote in
news:o QNXvJrvEHA.1452@TK2MSFTNGP11.phx.gbl:

> I read from a magazine the other day.
> Telling us if we want to see webmail perfectly well in ppc, we can
> change the Registry from version MSIE4.01 to MSIE 6.0
> Platform from Window CE to Windows NT 5.0. Etc.
> Download http://www.phm.lu/products/pocketpc/regedit/ for help.
> I don't know what is that and how to do it. So I asked.
> What is Netfront?
> Is it a website explorer? Free?

--
======================
ACE!!! a.k.a. ~S.
OS. Osaris / Psion 5mx
iPAQ 5550 / Nokia 6310
HTTP://www.xarane.com
======================
Windows Mobile 2003 Second Edition Petition:
http://www.petitiononline.com/HPWMK3SE/petition.html
13033 Total Signatures on Friday, Oct. 29th 2004!
HP 'Windows Mobile 2003 SE Support' Forum:
http://forums.itrc.hp.com/service/forums/questionanswer...
November 30, 2004 9:33:51 PM

Any idea this Netfront software can be used in Windows for ppc 2003
Traditonal Chinese version?

"ACE!!!" <ace_rules_bbs@hotmail.com> ¼¶¼g©ó¶l¥ó·s»D:Xns9593CD2077629FearIsTheMindKiller@207.46.248.16...

!