Registration can't connect to registration server

Last response: in Windows 95/98/ME
June 1, 2005 1:08:09 AM

My modem is OK, but I can't register Win98 on my in-laws machine. Is there a
workaround? I want to use internet driver searches, but this is disabled
until register.

The machine was previously registered, but it seems to have become
un-registered...

Mike.
Anonymous
June 1, 2005 1:45:16 AM

"Mike Glew" <Mike Glew@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> My modem is OK, but I can't register Win98 on my in-laws machine. Is
there a
> workaround? I want to use internet driver searches, but this is disabled
> until register.
>
> The machine was previously registered, but it seems to have become
> un-registered...
>
> Mike.

You don'r have to register Windows 98,
which will do you absolutely no good anyway.

What you actually have to do
is to register on the site
before you will be allowed
to download the drivers.
Anonymous
June 1, 2005 4:39:55 AM

Registered where?
--
~Robear Dyer (PA Bear)
MS MVP-Windows (IE/OE) & Security

Mike Glew wrote:
> My modem is OK, but I can't register Win98 on my in-laws machine. Is
> there a workaround? I want to use internet driver searches, but this is
> disabled until register.
>
> The machine was previously registered, but it seems to have become
> un-registered...
>
> Mike.
June 1, 2005 11:46:54 AM

driverguide.com has changed their registration system, and wants an email
address, instead of "drivers, all," it has nothing to do with MS or windows,
just with driverguide
--
Adaware http://www.lavasoft.de
spybot http://security.kolla.de

Grateful thanks to the authors and webmasters
_
"Mike Glew" <Mike Glew@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> My modem is OK, but I can't register Win98 on my in-laws machine. Is
there a
> workaround? I want to use internet driver searches, but this is disabled
> until register.
>
> The machine was previously registered, but it seems to have become
> un-registered...
>
> Mike.
Anonymous
June 2, 2005 3:06:54 AM

You can still opt out of new registration and use the old username/pw, which is
what I do every time I go there. Just checked to be sure it hasn't changed and
no problem with the old.

--

Brian A. Sesko
{ MS MVP_Shell/User }