Where's me 2nd Hard Disk Gone

Just installed Win XP + SP2. SFSG or So'fa' So'Good. But where's me 2nd
Hard Disk gone, for f 's sake?

All me files are still there and I know they are or rather were on me 2nd HD
which used to be the D drive. But now my CD drive which was the E drive has
become the D drive. Is this the norm with Win XP?

And what happened to the good old and extremely useful Windows Explorer? I
just found out that I can access the HDs via My Documents and browsing from
there to see the whole HD/HDs a la Windows Explorer. So have they done away
with Windows Explorer as such?

But it is annoying when I know I have 2 HDs that are showing up as my C
drive which implies ONE HD. OR has it copied everything onto my Primary
Master HD from my Primary Slave HD?

There must be some freaks (sorry guys;-))) ) around here who can throw light
on this phenomenon.

I am sure I fdisk'ed ( F-Disk!??? ) me Master HD and am sure I even NTFL
formatted it. So Win XP can obviously read ole FAT32 HDs as well which is
goot ! Or do you think it copied all me ole files from me ole D drive onto
me C drive?

Sorry for goin'on-and-on about this phenomenon buy you can be brief and to
the point if you wanna responde or RSVP.

Me nearly a happy bunny tonite but me got questions on me mind that me can't
answer which is the reason why me nearly but not fully happy bunny tonite.

--

choro-nik
*******

dude

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

Hey ... I had the same problem with sp2 until i
uninstalled but in the mean time try going into safe mode
and see if you can view your second HHD , i notice
afterward it will show up again in normal mode ...

Me tinks what happened is that my old OBESE32 formatted HD which used to be
my D:\ Primary Slave HD Drive has now become my C:\ drive while my second
HARD ON DISK has become my NTFL formatted F'fin' F:\ drive. The two letters
in between C and F have been promptly taken up by my CD and DVD drives
respectively. Thus my CD drive has which used to be my E:\ drive has now
become my D:\ drive while my DVD drive which used to be my F'fin' F:\ drive
has now become my E:\ drive.

So in short what happened was that my CD and DVD drives jumped up one letter
as my old FAT32 formatted Hard Disk Primary Slave Drive jumped up from being
my D:\ drive to becoming my C:\ drive while my old Primary Slave Drive Hard
Disk which has now been NTFL formatted has been relegated to the very end of
the hierarchy thus becoming the F:\ drive (from being my old C:\ drive) .
But the damn thing is still jumpered as the Primary Slave Drive. Thus from
being the Primary Slave Drive it has now assumed the role of Primary Slave
Driver (note the r at the end of Driver) as it has got Windows XP on it.

Strange but true. Anyone else with a similar results? All my old files are
still on my old D: drive which has now become my C: drive and I can access
my old OBESE32 user files on my old HD, no problem.

Yes, SFSG (So Far, So Good). I like Win XP and have had no problems
whatsoever (so far, anyway) with SP2. Let's hear of other similar results.
Why did Win XP reassign the drive letters? Why did it not accept the newly
NTFL formatted Primary Master HD as the C:\ drive? Why was the NTFL
formatted Primary Slave HD assigned the letter F? And why was the disk my
user files assigned the letter C?

--

choro-nik
*******