Flying the VC

Well, it will be difficult to go back to the 2D cockpit. This must be the
ultimate having all functions available and 'clickable' naturally and
realistically without having to float other windows such as quadrant. Not
bad for freeware!!
Butts

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v83/donbutts/preflight.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v83/donbutts/rotate.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v83/donbutts/heading.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v83/donbutts/approach.jpg

Steph

"donbutts" <remove.donneybutts@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> Well, it will be difficult to go back to the 2D cockpit. This must be the
> ultimate having all functions available and 'clickable' naturally and
> realistically without having to float other windows such as quadrant. Not
> bad for freeware!!
> Butts
>
> http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v83/donbutts/preflight.jpg
> http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v83/donbutts/rotate.jpg
> http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v83/donbutts/heading.jpg
> http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v83/donbutts/approach.jpg

What's the aircraft, Don?

Bob

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

donbutts wrote:

> Well, it will be difficult to go back to the 2D cockpit. This must be the
> ultimate having all functions available and 'clickable' naturally and
> realistically without having to float other windows such as quadrant. Not
> bad for freeware!!
> Butts
>
> http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v83/donbutts/preflight.jpg
> http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v83/donbutts/rotate.jpg
> http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v83/donbutts/heading.jpg
> http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v83/donbutts/approach.jpg

I have completed one aircraft I think is worth flying primarily with the
3D panel. More coming... :)

http://flightsims.vze.com/virtual/c-45g/

--

boB,
SAG 70

U.S. Army Aviation (retired)

crash

Steph wrote:
> What's the aircraft, Don?

Whatever - great shots!! Liked the last one with runway in sight......
d:->))

Trident dmflightsim.co.uk see post below under Trident
Butts
"Steph" <steph@vancouvers.island> wrote in message

> "donbutts" <remove.donneybutts@hotmail.com> wrote in message
>> Well, it will be difficult to go back to the 2D cockpit. This must be the
>> ultimate having all functions available and 'clickable' naturally and
>> realistically without having to float other windows such as quadrant. Not
>> bad for freeware!!
>> Butts
>>
>> http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v83/donbutts/preflight.jpg
>> http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v83/donbutts/rotate.jpg
>> http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v83/donbutts/heading.jpg
>> http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v83/donbutts/approach.jpg
>>

> What's the aircraft, Don?

Very nice indeed!! I only ever fly VC now -- especially in smaller a/c . My
first assessment of a new a/c is 1. what is the VC like. 2. What are the
sounds like 3. How does she fly 4. What is the exterior model like. I find
lots of a/c with wonderful exterior models -- but the VCs are poor or the
sound is poor.

The one problem I have with the VC is that when I see really nice VC photos
like yours -- I am always dissappointed with what I see in my Sim. I think
this may be because a lot of VC pictures that I see are quite zoomed in and
also taken from a perspective that is not really the pilots eyeview
perspective. This is OK -- but it is a bit hard to fly the a/c from that
perspective ( unless of course you are on autopilot - I never am)

Barry

Bob

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

Barry Ward wrote:

> Very nice indeed!! I only ever fly VC now -- especially in smaller a/c . My
> first assessment of a new a/c is 1. what is the VC like. 2. What are the
> sounds like 3. How does she fly 4. What is the exterior model like. I find
> lots of a/c with wonderful exterior models -- but the VCs are poor or the
> sound is poor.
>
> The one problem I have with the VC is that when I see really nice VC photos
> like yours -- I am always dissappointed with what I see in my Sim. I think
> this may be because a lot of VC pictures that I see are quite zoomed in and
> also taken from a perspective that is not really the pilots eyeview
> perspective. This is OK -- but it is a bit hard to fly the a/c from that
> perspective ( unless of course you are on autopilot - I never am)
>

> Barry

I did go down and zoom in on some pictures in expectation of what the
TrackIR 3D Pro with the Vector Expansion clip will allow. For any
aircraft that supports 6 DOF will allow the pilot to get the same zoomed
in shots just by leaning forward to zoom in on the panel. I hope it
works. :)

--

boB,
SAG 70

U.S. Army Aviation (retired)

We may be on different thoughts here but flightsim design has now reached a
stage where we can can now 'fly' from visually a real aircraft rather than
being ecapsulated in an illustrated mock- up and I illustrate this with a
comparison between the Ready for Pushware 747 payware and David Maltbys
freeware virtual cockpits. The latter has quick switches also to get you
around the virtual cockpit if you so wish or too slow to do the neck turn
bearing in mind also that these aircraft are not designed for one person
control.
Butts
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v83/donbutts/pushback.jpg

"boB" <akita_77REMOVECAPS@yahoo.Xcom> wrote in message
> Barry Ward wrote:
>
>> Very nice indeed!! I only ever fly VC now -- especially in smaller a/c .
>> My
>> first assessment of a new a/c is 1. what is the VC like. 2. What are the
>> sounds like 3. How does she fly 4. What is the exterior model like. I
>> find
>> lots of a/c with wonderful exterior models -- but the VCs are poor or the
>> sound is poor.
>>
>> The one problem I have with the VC is that when I see really nice VC
>> photos
>> like yours -- I am always dissappointed with what I see in my Sim. I
>> think
>> this may be because a lot of VC pictures that I see are quite zoomed in
>> and
>> also taken from a perspective that is not really the pilots eyeview
>> perspective. This is OK -- but it is a bit hard to fly the a/c from that
>> perspective ( unless of course you are on autopilot - I never am)
>>

>> Barry
>>

> I did go down and zoom in on some pictures in expectation of what the
> TrackIR 3D Pro with the Vector Expansion clip will allow. For any aircraft
> that supports 6 DOF will allow the pilot to get the same zoomed in shots
> just by leaning forward to zoom in on the panel. I hope it works. :)
>
> --
>
> boB,
> SAG 70
>
> U.S. Army Aviation (retired)

dallas

"boB"
> TrackIR 3D Pro with the Vector Expansion clip will allow. For any
> aircraft that supports 6 DOF will allow the pilot to get the same zoomed
> in shots just by leaning forward to zoom in on the panel.

Jeez Downloader, think of all the calories you'll burn leaning forward and
back, turning left to right for hours on end. Who needs a gym membership?

Dallas

Hi Varmit,

Hey, good point, mate - I may be able to save some money here. :)

I bet it's also got some magical built-in feature that lets you
investigate the contents of all your hard drives, so you can organise all
your downloads, but boB's not telling us about it, so he can get the drop on
the rest of us! :)

Regards,
John Ward

> "boB"
>> TrackIR 3D Pro with the Vector Expansion clip will allow. For any
>> aircraft that supports 6 DOF will allow the pilot to get the same zoomed
>> in shots just by leaning forward to zoom in on the panel.
>
> Jeez Downloader, think of all the calories you'll burn leaning forward and
> back, turning left to right for hours on end. Who needs a gym
> membership?
>
> Dallas

dallas

"John Ward"
> I bet it's also got some magical built-in feature that lets you
> investigate the contents of all your hard drives, so you can organise all
> your downloads,

But then what would he do all day?

Dallas

Hi Varmit,

Probably go and download all the stuff he just discovered he hadn't
downloaded yet! :))

Regards,
John Ward

> "John Ward"
>> I bet it's also got some magical built-in feature that lets you
>> investigate the contents of all your hard drives, so you can organise all
>> your downloads,
>
> But then what would he do all day?
>

> Dallas

dallas

"John ward" <
> Probably go and download all the stuff he just discovered he hadn't
> downloaded yet! :))

LOL... Yeah, he'd probably overheat and break the phone lines and Gabriella
wouldn't speak to him for a week.

Dallas

I have been flying that package and it is beautiful isn't it? Nice old bird
to fly. I like that 4th small booster engine. pretty cool. Detail in the
VC would be hard to improve on.
Mike
"donbutts" <remove.donneybutts@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> Well, it will be difficult to go back to the 2D cockpit. This must be the
> ultimate having all functions available and 'clickable' naturally and
> realistically without having to float other windows such as quadrant. Not
> bad for freeware!!
> Butts
>
> http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v83/donbutts/preflight.jpg
> http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v83/donbutts/rotate.jpg
> http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v83/donbutts/heading.jpg
> http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v83/donbutts/approach.jpg

Hi Mike
havn't tried that booster as the switch didn't work from the VC but must
read more as it should click on. Actually the designer just added a 4th
FSim latent engine to simulate the booster system. Now, I need this to get
off some of the shorter airfields as it don't get off the ground under 155
knots on 3 deg trim and 16 deg flap full tanks. I've plowed up a few
adjacent runway paddocks because of this
Butts

"mikepic" <mikepic@insightbb.com> wrote in message
>I have been flying that package and it is beautiful isn't it? Nice old
>bird to fly. I like that 4th small booster engine. pretty cool. Detail
>in the VC would be hard to improve on.
> Mike
> "donbutts" <remove.donneybutts@hotmail.com> wrote in message
>> Well, it will be difficult to go back to the 2D cockpit. This must be the
>> ultimate having all functions available and 'clickable' naturally and
>> realistically without having to float other windows such as quadrant. Not
>> bad for freeware!!
>> Butts
>>
>> http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v83/donbutts/preflight.jpg
>> http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v83/donbutts/rotate.jpg
>> http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v83/donbutts/heading.jpg
>> http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v83/donbutts/approach.jpg

Yeah, mine worksjust fine from the VC. What a nice package. Say have you
been following the TrackIR dicussion. We may be in for a helluva VC
capability real soon.

Here is the demo

http://www.edimensional.com/category_info.php?cPath=24#videos

Mike