Time to Drool! Epson Announces the R1800!

tyranix95@hotmail.com wrote:

> Epson has just announced the wide-format version of the R800, the Epson
> R1800.
>
> http://www.pma-show.com/epson/001_stylus_R1800_printer.html
>
> http://www.imaging-resource.com/NEWS/1108098105.html
>
> And it seems like they're working on a replacement for the Stylus 2200,
> which will utilize UltraChrome K3 tecnology and Advanced B&W Mode to
> replace the 2100/2200.
>
> It's priced at $549. Very nice.

A lot of promise in this product! I played with the thought to
get the 4000, but this 80lbs behemoth is a tad out of my league,
so my wife.

Please observe that Wilhelm has already a 6 pages paper with
durability tests of R1800. I wonder if they really got a
prototype so far in advance, or meybe just reworked another
paper base on existing results!

See http://www.wilhelm-research.com/

Thomas