User Account ?

I installed Microsoft .NET Framework 1.1 on my PC(Windows
XP Pro OEM) and Notebook Windows XP Home OEM).
after installin g the update both lost the ACCOUNT that
they used to boot to. I would have to select the account
before it went to the desktop, now it goes to the WELCOME
screen then the desk top. How do I get it back to go to
the ACCOUNT selection then Welcome followed by the
Desktop? I believe it is in the Control Panel folder then
the User Accounts. I have looked around there but no
success.

Thank you.

Rod
1 answer Last reply
More about user account

    Rodney Chelius wrote:
    : I installed Microsoft .NET Framework 1.1 on my PC(Windows
    : XP Pro OEM) and Notebook Windows XP Home OEM).
    : after installin g the update both lost the ACCOUNT that
    : they used to boot to. I would have to select the account
    : before it went to the desktop, now it goes to the WELCOME
    : screen then the desk top. How do I get it back to go to
    : the ACCOUNT selection then Welcome followed by the
    : Desktop? I believe it is in the Control Panel folder then
    : the User Accounts. I have looked around there but no
    : success.
    :
    : Thank you.
    :
    : Rod

    Control Panel>Users Accounts>Change the way users log on and off. If you
    clear the Welcome Screen Check box, users must type in user name and
    password. There are help files offered along the way. Or you may want
    fast user switching but have offline file issues.
    TonyS

Microsoft Windows XP