Which crossfire 3200/RD580 board?

Straxusii

Distinguished
Apr 29, 2006
Im about to upgrade my system and have decided on X1900XT as the graphics card, therefore am going to go for a mobo with the above chipset but cant decide which one, Ive summarised my feelings on each one below:

ABIT AT8 32X - this is the one Im curretly thinking of going for but I cant find any reviews of it yet, can anyone whose bought one tell me how you are finding it.

Asus - seems Asus were first to the table with their 3200 mobo and from what I've read people have had a lot of probelms with this board (probably calmed down a bit now with the new bios release).

DFI - too expensive

Sapphire - theyve got 2 mobos out for 3200, Id probably avoid the budget one and the review I read of the ~£130 one was quite favourable so this is a definite option

Cant remember if MSI have a 3200 out yet, anyone know?

xSunnYx

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2005
Well if you got money and time to spare, go with DFI.. You'll have days of fun trying to get the memory working properly on that 1..

Can't say about the others, since i myself got an ASUS A8R32-MVP.

Bought it, flashed it with the 0311 BIOS (BIOS was released just after the board was released) and ran my Opty 170 on 10x260/1,4vCore (can do 10x270, but getting over 50C then) So i myself haven't had any serious problems with this mobo.