Wierd audio problem.

Last response: in Windows 95/98/ME
a b \ Driver
June 3, 2005 3:00:05 AM

I've had this problem with several computer in the past few years and have
never found a solution.

Basically - no sound out. Using Win98 2nd and a C-Media 3D audio card (same
problem found with other cards), the device drivers load and can be found in
device manager. But, the card and drivers don't show up in the Multi-Media
control panel so it can't be set to provide audio out.

Anyone found a solution?

Bob L

More about : wierd audio problem

Anonymous
a b \ Driver
June 3, 2005 3:00:06 AM

"Bob Lafferty" <boblafferty@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> I've had this problem with several computer in the past few years and have
> never found a solution.
>
> Basically - no sound out. Using Win98 2nd and a C-Media 3D audio card
(same
> problem found with other cards), the device drivers load and can be found
in
> device manager. But, the card and drivers don't show up in the
Multi-Media
> control panel so it can't be set to provide audio out.
>
> Anyone found a solution?
>
> Bob L

This has happened to me when I moved a hard drive
to another PC, and also when I replaced
a motherboard in a PC,
which effectively renders the same result.

Even though I cleaned out System Manager
and let Windows rebuild it,
I was never able to get it to set up
the Registry properly
with respect to the sound drivers,
and I did some serious chopping
in the Registry in the later stages
in a last gasp effort, so I can safely claim
that I tried everything that I could think of.

It began to consume more of my time than
I was willing to expend on the issue,
so I reformatted and reinstalled the OS.

Problem solved.
!