shwapi.dll missing again

Tim

On the pc, gives the following message "Error loading Explorer.exe, you
must re-install Windows"
A required.Dll file C\\windows\system\shlwapi:dll not found "'

I just re-install w98se less tha a month ago. After the installation,
Windowsupdated, load the applications llike Words/Excel, install NAV 2005,
set up the internet and apart froM the young ones playing internet games,
nothing much really like internet chat, file sharing programs etc

Can anyone tell me what is/are causing these problems of missing files?

If immediately after the installation of the above, the pc works fine so it
cannot be the fact that the version of the shwapi.dll version is out dated,
can it. There must be something that caused a conflict somwhere...... need
your help please, thanks

As PA Bear wrote in your earlier thread (modified for Win98):

1. Enable Show Hidden Files:
http://service1.symantec.com/SUPPORT/tsgeninfo.nsf/docid/2002092715262339

2. Search for SHLWAPI.DLL or look for it in C:\Windows\System> right-click on it >
Properties > What version is it?
--
Glen Ventura, MS MVP Shell/User, A+
http://dts-l.org/goodpost.htm

> glee n pcr
>
> I got it n many thanks for your patience.

What exactly did you "get"?

Glad to hear it. And I'm sure he is filled with glee!

--
Thanks or Good Luck,
There may be humor in this post, and,
| glee,
|
| you are absolutely brilliant. Many thanks for following up my problem.
| Managed to load ie6 fr security cd.
....snip

Shh! Let sleeping dogs lie.

glee wrote:
> "tim" <tim@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > glee n pcr
> >
> > I got it n many thanks for your patience.
>
> What exactly did you "get"?

LOL. Tim professes to have been cured by
W:\Content\Win9x\common\IE6SP1\ie6setup.exe! NOW, perhaps, is the time
to run. Not when you said!