computer stalls when modem dials

Everytime I try and connect to the internet, when the modem dials, the
computer stops responding and after 15 seconds I get the blue screen of
death? Any Help?

Your responses will only be as good as the information
provided. You did not even provide critical numbers from the
BSOD. Responses will be just as misleading.

MattL wrote:
> Everytime I try and connect to the internet, when the modem dials, the
> computer stops responding and after 15 seconds I get the blue screen of
> death? Any Help?

Without any more information, I'm left with suggesting looking for any
updated modem drivers then uninstalling then reinstalling your modem. Did
anything occur prior to this problem, e.g. installation of any HW or SW, had
to hard reboot due to something else giving you a BSOD, recent storm, etc.

"MattL" <MattL@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Everytime I try and connect to the internet, when the modem dials, the
> computer stops responding and after 15 seconds I get the blue screen of
> death? Any Help?

I just recently updated to Windows 98 from Windows 95. I have a Packard Bell
P 100mhz 16mb and 1.6gb hard drive. The BSOD says " A fatal exception 0D has
occured at 0028.C000 B25A in VXD VMM(01)."

Matt

w_tom wrote:
> Your responses will only be as good as the information
> provided. You did not even provide critical numbers from the
> BSOD. Responses will be just as misleading.

This guy is known as Mr. Electro Troll. He likes to get longwinded and
disrupt intelligent conversation. Pay him no mind.

TK

Immediately, the message says declares a problem with the
Virtual Memory (VMM). C000 is the address of the video
controller suggesting that video memory may be problematic.
Entering "fatal exception 0D" into an internet search engine
should result is waves of information and possible solutions
from Microsoft and other parties. Just one reason may be the
graphics accelerator for that video card is not set to proper
speed - depending on what is being used as a video card.
See http://aumha.org/win4/kbefe.php for starters.