Windows 98 Gold & Windows 98 First Addition, are they the ..

Archer

Hello Experts,

When I read newsgroup messages some people refer to Windows 98 Gold and some
refer to Windows 98 First Addition when answering questions about Windows
98. Are these two separate and different programs that Microsoft issued or
are they both the same program? If they're both the same thing why is one
called "Gold"? Thanks to anyone that can answer this question.

Archer

Archer,

It is not "First Addition" -- but "First Edition".

Yes, "Windows 98 Gold" is the second, semi-slangy name of "Windows 98
First Edition".

Term "Gold" is concerned with the last stage of the manufacturing
method.

It takes less time to type "Gold" than "First Edition".

--
Mikhail Zhilin
http://www.aha.ru/~mwz