fatal exception error

I get this on win98se when connecting to my dialup provider:

0028:c004a9de vxd vfat(1) 00009486

Everything freezes, keyboard and mouse, and I have to restart the computer.
Any ideas of the cause?
1 answer Last reply
More about fatal exception error

    It only happens when connecting to your dialup provider? Was that just
    installed? If not, was anything just installed? Is this happening at
    boot?

    http://www.colba.net/~hlebo49/vfat.htm
    A number of VFAT articles.

    Here is the one/only to come up at
    http://search.support.microsoft.com/kb/c.asp?fr=0&SD=GN&LN=EN-US MSKB
    Search "VxD VFAT(01)"; Windows 98; Full Text; Exact Phrase.

    http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;256015&Product=w98
    Fatal Exception 0E with Multiple MS-DOS Device Names in Path
    (256015) - If the last two or more components in a path match MS-DOS
    device names, you may receive an error message on a blue screen similar
    to the following example: A fatal exception 0E has occurred at (address)
    in VXD (FSD) + (address). The current...

    --
    Thanks or Good Luck,
    There may be humor in this post, and,
    "akairo" <akairo@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    | I get this on win98se when connecting to my dialup provider:
    |
    | 0028:c004a9de vxd vfat(1) 00009486
    |
    | Everything freezes, keyboard and mouse, and I have to restart the
    computer.
    | Any ideas of the cause?

Microsoft Windows