fatal exception error

I get this on win98se when connecting to my dialup provider:

0028:c004a9de vxd vfat(1) 00009486

Everything freezes, keyboard and mouse, and I have to restart the computer.
Any ideas of the cause?

It only happens when connecting to your dialup provider? Was that just
installed? If not, was anything just installed? Is this happening at
boot?

http://www.colba.net/~hlebo49/vfat.htm
A number of VFAT articles.

Here is the one/only to come up at
http://search.support.microsoft.com/kb/c.asp?fr=0&SD=GN&LN=EN-US MSKB
Search "VxD VFAT(01)"; Windows 98; Full Text; Exact Phrase.

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;256015&Product=w98
Fatal Exception 0E with Multiple MS-DOS Device Names in Path
(256015) - If the last two or more components in a path match MS-DOS
device names, you may receive an error message on a blue screen similar
to the following example: A fatal exception 0E has occurred at (address)
in VXD (FSD) + (address). The current...

--
Thanks or Good Luck,
There may be humor in this post, and,