Where are the files which were not uninstalled?

After I uninstalled Adobe reader5 there was a message that I had to uninstall
manually a list of files shown. It was too long to write down. Are they
stored somewhere, I hope? Thanks for any help.
--
hwhamilton
5 answers Last reply

    Do a find on *.log and see if they are in a uninstall log. The list should show
    the paths for each and if I believe correctly, you'll most likely find them in
    an Adobe folder not uninstalled. Try a search for Adobe as well.

    --

    Brian A. Sesko
    { MS MVP_Shell/User }

    "Helen" <Helen@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > After I uninstalled Adobe reader5 there was a message that I had to uninstall
    > manually a list of files shown. It was too long to write down. Are they
    > stored somewhere, I hope? Thanks for any help.
    > --
    > hwhamilton

    I tried the *.log. Could not find any that seemed appropriate. I can find
    Adobe folders but cannot tell which files are for version 6 which I want to
    keep and which are for v5. I hoped to find a log file like you suggested
    that listed the set of specific files to manually uninstall.
    I am checking on the Adobe Forums also
    Thanks to all for your help.
    Helen

    "Brian A." wrote:

    > Do a find on *.log and see if they are in a uninstall log. The list should show
    > the paths for each and if I believe correctly, you'll most likely find them in
    > an Adobe folder not uninstalled. Try a search for Adobe as well.
    >
    > --
    >
    > Brian A. Sesko
    > { MS MVP_Shell/User }
    > http://www.dts-l.org/goodpost.htm
    > http://basconotw.mvps.org/
    >

    > "Helen" <Helen@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > > After I uninstalled Adobe reader5 there was a message that I had to uninstall
    > > manually a list of files shown. It was too long to write down. Are they
    > > stored somewhere, I hope? Thanks for any help.
    > > --
    > > hwhamilton

    Have you tried the Adobe folder?
    (Probably C:\Program Files\Adobe)

    ....Alan

    --
    Alan Edwards, MS MVP W95/98 Systems
    http://dts-l.org/index.html

    In microsoft.public.win98.gen_discussion, "Helen"
    <Helen@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

    >After I uninstalled Adobe reader5 there was a message that I had to uninstall
    >manually a list of files shown. It was too long to write down. Are they
    >stored somewhere, I hope? Thanks for any help.

    Most of my Reader 5 files are in C:\Program Files\Adobe\Acrobat 5.0
    The rest are in C:\Program Files\Common Files\Adobe\Acrobat 5.0\98
    (uninst.dll and uninst.isu)

    My own log file that I created when installing V5 shows no files
    anywhere else. Adobe did not supply a .log file.

    ....Alan

    --
    Alan Edwards, MS MVP W95/98 Systems
    http://dts-l.org/index.html

    In microsoft.public.win98.gen_discussion, "Helen"
    <Helen@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

    >I tried the *.log. Could not find any that seemed appropriate. I can find
    >Adobe folders but cannot tell which files are for version 6 which I want to
    >keep and which are for v5. I hoped to find a log file like you suggested
    >that listed the set of specific files to manually uninstall.
    >I am checking on the Adobe Forums also
    >Thanks to all for your help.
    >Helen
    >
    >"Brian A." wrote:
    >
    >> Do a find on *.log and see if they are in a uninstall log. The list should show
    >> the paths for each and if I believe correctly, you'll most likely find them in
    >> an Adobe folder not uninstalled. Try a search for Adobe as well.
    >>
    >> --
    >>
    >> Brian A. Sesko
    >> { MS MVP_Shell/User }
    >> Conflicts start where information lacks.
    >> http://www.dts-l.org/goodpost.htm
    >> http://basconotw.mvps.org/
    >>

    >> "Helen" <Helen@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    >> > After I uninstalled Adobe reader5 there was a message that I had to uninstall
    >> > manually a list of files shown. It was too long to write down. Are they
    >> > stored somewhere, I hope? Thanks for any help.
    >> > --
    >> > hwhamilton

    Thanks Alan. You gave me some good ideasto work on.
    Helen

    "Alan Edwards" wrote:

    > Most of my Reader 5 files are in C:\Program Files\Adobe\Acrobat 5.0
    > The rest are in C:\Program Files\Common Files\Adobe\Acrobat 5.0\98
    > (uninst.dll and uninst.isu)
    >
    > My own log file that I created when installing V5 shows no files
    > anywhere else. Adobe did not supply a .log file.
    >
    > ....Alan
    >
    > --
    > Alan Edwards, MS MVP W95/98 Systems
    > http://dts-l.org/index.html
    >
    > In microsoft.public.win98.gen_discussion, "Helen"
    > <Helen@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
    >
    > >I tried the *.log. Could not find any that seemed appropriate. I can find
    > >Adobe folders but cannot tell which files are for version 6 which I want to
    > >keep and which are for v5. I hoped to find a log file like you suggested
    > >that listed the set of specific files to manually uninstall.
    > >I am checking on the Adobe Forums also
    > >Thanks to all for your help.
    > >Helen
    > >
    > >"Brian A." wrote:
    > >
    > >> Do a find on *.log and see if they are in a uninstall log. The list should show
    > >> the paths for each and if I believe correctly, you'll most likely find them in
    > >> an Adobe folder not uninstalled. Try a search for Adobe as well.
    > >>
    > >> --
    > >>
    > >> Brian A. Sesko
    > >> { MS MVP_Shell/User }
    > >> Conflicts start where information lacks.
    > >> http://www.dts-l.org/goodpost.htm
    > >> http://basconotw.mvps.org/
    > >>

    > >> "Helen" <Helen@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

Adobe Microsoft Windows