Where are the files which were not uninstalled?

Helen

After I uninstalled Adobe reader5 there was a message that I had to uninstall
manually a list of files shown. It was too long to write down. Are they
stored somewhere, I hope? Thanks for any help.
--
hwhamilton

Do a find on *.log and see if they are in a uninstall log. The list should show
the paths for each and if I believe correctly, you'll most likely find them in
an Adobe folder not uninstalled. Try a search for Adobe as well.

--

Brian A. Sesko
{ MS MVP_Shell/User }

"Helen" <Helen@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> After I uninstalled Adobe reader5 there was a message that I had to uninstall
> manually a list of files shown. It was too long to write down. Are they
> stored somewhere, I hope? Thanks for any help.
> --
> hwhamilton

Helen

I tried the *.log. Could not find any that seemed appropriate. I can find
Adobe folders but cannot tell which files are for version 6 which I want to
keep and which are for v5. I hoped to find a log file like you suggested
that listed the set of specific files to manually uninstall.
I am checking on the Adobe Forums also
Thanks to all for your help.
Helen

"Brian A." wrote:

> Do a find on *.log and see if they are in a uninstall log. The list should show
> the paths for each and if I believe correctly, you'll most likely find them in
> an Adobe folder not uninstalled. Try a search for Adobe as well.
>
> --
>
> Brian A. Sesko
> { MS MVP_Shell/User }
> http://www.dts-l.org/goodpost.htm
> http://basconotw.mvps.org/
>

> "Helen" <Helen@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > After I uninstalled Adobe reader5 there was a message that I had to uninstall
> > manually a list of files shown. It was too long to write down. Are they
> > stored somewhere, I hope? Thanks for any help.
> > --
> > hwhamilton

Have you tried the Adobe folder?
(Probably C:\Program Files\Adobe)

....Alan

--
Alan Edwards, MS MVP W95/98 Systems
http://dts-l.org/index.html

In microsoft.public.win98.gen_discussion, "Helen"
<Helen@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>After I uninstalled Adobe reader5 there was a message that I had to uninstall
>manually a list of files shown. It was too long to write down. Are they
>stored somewhere, I hope? Thanks for any help.

Most of my Reader 5 files are in C:\Program Files\Adobe\Acrobat 5.0
The rest are in C:\Program Files\Common Files\Adobe\Acrobat 5.0\98
(uninst.dll and uninst.isu)

My own log file that I created when installing V5 shows no files
anywhere else. Adobe did not supply a .log file.

....Alan

--
Alan Edwards, MS MVP W95/98 Systems
http://dts-l.org/index.html

In microsoft.public.win98.gen_discussion, "Helen"
<Helen@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>I tried the *.log. Could not find any that seemed appropriate. I can find
>Adobe folders but cannot tell which files are for version 6 which I want to
>keep and which are for v5. I hoped to find a log file like you suggested
>that listed the set of specific files to manually uninstall.
>I am checking on the Adobe Forums also
>Thanks to all for your help.
>Helen
>
>"Brian A." wrote:
>
>> Do a find on *.log and see if they are in a uninstall log. The list should show
>> the paths for each and if I believe correctly, you'll most likely find them in
>> an Adobe folder not uninstalled. Try a search for Adobe as well.
>>
>> --
>>
>> Brian A. Sesko
>> { MS MVP_Shell/User }
>> Conflicts start where information lacks.
>> http://www.dts-l.org/goodpost.htm
>> http://basconotw.mvps.org/
>>

>> "Helen" <Helen@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> > After I uninstalled Adobe reader5 there was a message that I had to uninstall
>> > manually a list of files shown. It was too long to write down. Are they
>> > stored somewhere, I hope? Thanks for any help.
>> > --
>> > hwhamilton

Helen

Thanks Alan. You gave me some good ideasto work on.
Helen