Win 98SE HDD's

Last response: in Windows 95/98/ME
June 6, 2005 9:39:14 PM

How many hard drives are supported under Win 98SE?

More about : win 98se hdd

Anonymous
June 7, 2005 12:07:48 AM

Windows could care less. It matters on the motherboard, any extra controller
cards and power supply limits. Currently in one of my 98SE machines I have 4
HD's, 1 CD-ROM, 1 CD-RW and 1 Tape drive.

--

Brian A. Sesko
{ MS MVP_Shell/User }

"Tech1" <Tech1@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> How many hard drives are supported under Win 98SE?
Anonymous
June 7, 2005 12:09:03 PM

"=?Utf-8?B?VGVjaDE=?=" <Tech1@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in

> How many hard drives are supported under Win 98SE?

There is no practical maximum AFAIK, but W98 can only handle 24 partitions.
The drive letters C-Z. Your CDROM(s) also needs a driver letter, which
diminishes the number of partitions.
!