Win 98SE HDD's

How many hard drives are supported under Win 98SE?
2 answers Last reply
More about 98se

    Windows could care less. It matters on the motherboard, any extra controller
    cards and power supply limits. Currently in one of my 98SE machines I have 4
    HD's, 1 CD-ROM, 1 CD-RW and 1 Tape drive.

    --

    Brian A. Sesko
    { MS MVP_Shell/User }

    "=?Utf-8?B?VGVjaDE=?=" <Tech1@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in

    > How many hard drives are supported under Win 98SE?

    There is no practical maximum AFAIK, but W98 can only handle 24 partitions.
    The drive letters C-Z. Your CDROM(s) also needs a driver letter, which
    diminishes the number of partitions.

Hard Drives Microsoft Windows